Jake

Idle Thumbs 77: Our Neighbor Scoops

yep, Saints Row 3 doesn't really try to make fun of anything. It's like the movies Shoot 'em up and the Expendables series.

yep, Saints Row 3 doesn't really try to make fun of anything. It's like the movies Shoot 'em up and the Expendables series.

I don't think that's necessarily true.

There is an entire section in Saints Row where you go into a virtual world and it just throws "cyber"/game tropes at you.

There are parodies littered throughout saints row.

Saints Row is a parody of Video Games, plain and simple.

It's just very, very, very blatant about it, so that it doesn't really feel like a parody, and feels more like it's being insane for the sake of being insane. Well, it probably is doing it for the sake most of the time. But there're definitely plenty of mockery-nods to Video Games in general.

Was Patrick ever properly introduced? When I finished listening to this it occurred to me that aside from saying his name, no one explained who the hell he is. I'm a Giant Bomb fan, so I'm very familiar with him, but I could certainly imagine an Idle Thumbs listener who isn't familiar with the guy.

On an unrelated note, my left shift key has suddenly started making tildes instead of Capitalizing things. This is pretty upsetting.