Sign in to follow this  
ThunderPeel2001

iPad: Rayman Runner

Yes! I just played it today. On the iPhone, though. It's beautiful and fun. Can't wait to try more.

Yeah, it looks nice but there's something I just don't really like about the feel. I'm having the same trouble with Rayman:Origins right now as well, I just don't like the way he animates relative to the speed he's moving. The music is a bit odd, they randomize from a small track list each time you load a level. Often there will be one track that totally fits the level, but it'll be replaced by something completely inappropriate your next attempt. IMO they should have just picked a track for each level and stuck with it, even if it was repetitive, it would at least fit better.

They try to move you around the environment, but given your constant direction the variation almost highlights your inability to control your movement. It's kind of a shitty thing to pick on, because I like the idea of hand crafted levels and what they're trying to do, but it just doesn't feel as satisfying as other endless runners.

I sent Ubisoft mail about this game as it is rather badly supported on Android.

Rayman Jungle Run works perfectly on my phone and almost perfectly on tablet. Some sound issues annoy on tablet, but still it runs great.

This is one game that I would immediately pay to Ubisoft, shame they don't want my money.

And yes I tested an external apk for this as they gave no official solution so I did my own QA for them. Still to this day they have not made it available for my phone in Play Store...

Went through and perfected every level in 5-6 sittings. Good ramp up of difficulty from one-switch runner to a two-switch game of jumping, flying, wall-jumping and punch, with some crazy masocore bonus hell levels thrown in where you don't need to worry about collecting any doodads. Although those do tend to skew on the long and frustrating side

particularly the last one, with one challenge involving wall-jumping up a tunnel that angles diagonally backwards while you're in constant danger of being impaled by a root.

Felt it was mainly a game of memorization, and what few levels I perfected on the first try was more down to luck than getting into a flow like a typical runner. That said, the level design does make sure you do have the chance to see secret paths just before you reach them, by staying on swings, noticing tunnels in the architecture, etc. The ending was also disappointing:

There wasn't an ending. Just unlocking and beating the hell levels and unlocking the occasionally creepy fanservice pictures of characters from the other games.

I sent Ubisoft mail about this game as it is rather badly supported on Android.

Yeah, even for the supported devices. It's quite a large download for them not to support moving to an SD card, and I got some noticeable slowdown on some of the crazier levels.

Yeah, I did the same. Perfected every level, got most of the "achievements", and still didn't get any sort of ending. A bit disappointing really! I uninstalled it after that.

The ending was also disappointing:

There wasn't an ending. Just unlocking and beating the hell levels and unlocking the occasionally creepy fanservice pictures of characters from the other games.

Ahaha why does Ubisoft still continue to do that strange thing where their cell phone games have sexy pictures as a reward for beating levels? I don't understand why this was every a motivator to have a cell phone game. I figured they had stopped since PoP 2008 cell phone version.

Recently got a new phone (Galaxy S3, if anyone has an Android phone and wasn't aware this game is available), and remembered this thread existed, so grabbed the game.

It's really fun! Simple, but fun. I am a fan.