Sign in to follow this  
brkl

Preliminary Mount & Blade thread!

People, we're going to try playing Mount & Blade with Thumbs! It's still on sale for about 19 hours! Get it! http://store.steampowered.com/app/22100

We could try putting something together next week or the next. We probably won't need to have our own server. We can make our own shitty clan and roam around or something.

The collection that includes With Fire & Sword would probably be the one to get, though I suppose it depends on what people have when we play.

Edited by brkl

Just bought the collection on sale (M&B, Warband and With Fire and Sword).

Here's hoping we actually do something with this or it's going to end up in my steam sub-folders of "games bought but never played".

I haven't done any multiplayer gaming in months and this sounds like the perfect thing to get back into it. I love Mount & Blade! I'm moving house next week though and I might be disconnected from the net for a while but I'm definitely interested in joining in at some point.

Add me on Steam. I'm trying to rid myself of the horrible F4T C4T tag (stupid teen me) so my ID is now Adynod.

What's a good day? My schedule is pretty empty, and especially now that my girlfriend is moving to another town (I'll join her when I finish my thesis... in about six months) I'm free to nerd out any day.

How about Wednesday evening? Perhaps earlier than the Arma sessions so people who have work the next day can join as well.

Wednesday's would be good for me. Although I'm not around this Wednesday and unlikely to have internet by next Wednesday...

I can't really do any night this week, between work and moving I'm afraid. I'll be around at the weekend though.

Unfortunately weekdays don't work for me. I'm on the other side of the world from most of you guys. When I get off work it's 5pm EST here which is 9pm GMT.

I understand that might get a little too late for most of you on weekdays as well. We could do it on saturday same time as usual or postpone our Arma game for next week?

Postponing Arma is not great because Lucien is still paying for the server. But Saturday would work for me.

Uh, I'd like to point out two things. Fire and Sword is terrible. Really, really bad. The community dropped in a matter of days after its release. Warband is where it's at.

Two, Warband is standalone, but also has a freshly released expansion for the Napoleonic era of warfare.

Huh! I was looking forward to ride-by shootings. But I'm okay with Warband too. I doubt many of us have the Napoleonic addon. What's so terrible about With Fire & Sword?

Huh! I was looking forward to ride-by shootings. But I'm okay with Warband too. I doubt many of us have the Napoleonic addon. What's so terrible about With Fire & Sword?

Continuing the poor balance from Warband, cavalry utterly annihilates anyone on foot.

You can buy a grenade, which will kill several people with ease, for just under your "respawn cash". Respawn cash is that 1000 gold allowance for equipment you get with every respawn. If you buy grenades and kill four or five people for each death, you can be completely decked in full place and a giant zwiehander which will allow you to reap musketeers as though they were so much wheat. This takes about 6 good lives.

Also their implementation of firearms in WFaS is horrendous. Napoleons is considerably better.

Well, I don't really see us playing competitively... There are also a ton of mods, of course. First we have to set a date.

Per usual I'm available whenever the mood strikes me.

Huh, apparently none of the mods I can find are actually compatible with the newest version (the one that Steam installs) of Warband. European video games!

Postponing Arma is not great because Lucien is still paying for the server. But Saturday would work for me.

Sorry, I totally forgot about that. So Saturday same time works for me as well. Posting an event notification thing in the steam group for whatever day we choose would be a bonus.

I just had a quick recap in Warband. Boy am I bad at this! It was fun though. I only have Warband btw.

Warband seems the best bet, with or without Napoleon Wars. A group of people cooperating in Warband in team modes can wreck a fair amount of face.