lobotomy42

Two Guys from Andromeda (Space Quest) Reunion

I pledged to this in the first few days and the amount of Kickstarter e-mail updates I'm getting for random things with this project is kind of driving me nuts now.

They did make two Space Quest game commentaries to listen to so far though. Fun way to pass the time in the nostalgic sense.

Yeah, they are *really* spammy with their updates. Fortunately, the drive will be over in a week -- hopefully they'll trickle down after that.

No, I don't know that it won't, but it seems VERY unlikely that they'll raise an additional $150k in the next six days. No sour grapes at all, but I guess my comment did come off as a bit nasty. Sorry!

Oh I see, oops, misread it.

It might make it. Leisure Suit Larry did in the last few days, but I think Leisure Suit Larry was always more popular and sold better than Space Quest from what I recall.

A lot of them have come back from pretty grim-looking middles. I was sure that Republique or whatever was dead (I believe they also wanted 500k) and then it had a last-week surge.

Man, I really wish this Kickstarter had come out earlier, before the Larry one. There seems to be a lot of weird drama going on between Replay games, Wisecrack, and the two guys now. It kind of confirms my suspicions of weirdness afoot in the Larry thread. Yesh. Guess I can't get refund on my Larry pledge now though. I only saw Paul's post (which he apologized for) on the Unofficial Space Quest forums on Monday, which I found very unprofessional to even air dirty laundry of Scott Murphy's personal life in the first place.

Mojo collected more info than I could even fathom: http://mixnmojo.com/news/Is-Paul-Trowe-of-Replay-Sabotaging-Other-Kickstarters

Also I'm still loving these game commentaries the Two Guys and Chris Pope have been coming out with. It's too bad the video keeps skipping or was recorded out of sync. Also Skype/Google Talk keeps dropping out a lot on people talking and turns into skippy robot voice. I hate it when that happens. I'm glad the Idle Thumbs podcast never went that route. I still need to watch the commentaries for 5 and 6. These make me want to do the Let's Play commentary $250 pledge for the SpaceVenture game, but there's no way I would feel good about myself for doing that. I would have rather been able to afford the Double Fine adventure art and making of book, but gah, still $250.

So much money for stuff I want. :wacko:

You know, I am backing this game and all but this is an amazingly gratuitous spam post. Everyone who is active on this forum has probably already read this thread and have already decided if they want a new game from the Two Guys from Andromeda or not.

At the very least, could you have spaced your spam correctly? There's also a bunch of stray letters and weird junk. Also what does the voice of GLaDOS even matter in all of this?!

Yeah, I'm a backer too, and this is definitely a bummer of a post.

How is this not spam? The user doesn't say if he's affiliated with the kickstarter or not, but the post should be removed regardless.

I nearly withdrew my pledge because of all the spammy updates I was getting. I told them as such and they were very nice about it. Some folk informed me of the "Unsubscribe" button. Thank fuck.

Then they go and follow me here.... Argh!!!

I nearly withdrew my pledge because of all the spammy updates I was getting. I told them as such and they were very nice about it. Some folk informed me of the "Unsubscribe" button. Thank fuck.

Then they go and follow me here.... Argh!!!

THERE IS NO ESCAPE

This is going to be a close call.

The thing is... while the fans can afford the back this game, it looks like people have grown tired or simply can't afford the bigger tier prizes.

They are going to need 1.600+ backers of the lowest tier to make it, that's a LOT of backers to get in 24 hours. :(

Can they go with the project anyway if they think they reached a decent goal anyway?

They are probably going to need 500.000$ just to pay all the talent they want to include in the game.

I could be wrong, but it seems like it's already jumped up another $40,000 from the last time I looked yesterday evening. That's hopeful.

On the spam, I *really* hope that wasn't someone with the Kickstarter page.

They need to maintain a $1k per hour pace for the next 24 hours, which they've been doing so far. I'm holding out another 12 hours before I up my pledge, but I think they'll make it. (The pace tends to accelerate in the final hours as all the holdouts up their pledges.)

I take that back, they seem like they're going to make it after all.

They did make it. I still haven't pledged a thing, despite Space Quest being one of my favorite series from my childhood. Most of the art here looks so... weird and inconsistent. It's kind of turned me off. I dunnoooo.

I suppose we should be able to purchase the game anyway when it's done, right?

As always, yes.

Seems like it'll be on Steam. The second tier (i.e., the one you actually get the game) comes with a Steam key.