toblix

Fez

Yes, there's a different end when you collected all 64 cubes

I'm at the point where it seems I'll need to decode the language and numbers to catch all 64 cubes, but I'm wondering if it's worth the time. More than anything, this makes me wish there was a game where decoding a language was one of the first things I was asked to do, and then be asked to explore the world as an anthropologist. (Judging from comments in the thread, looks like Riven or Myst do this.) 

Yeah, the rhythm blocks were my favorite part in the game too and I know  people are going to hate me for this but...

The tetrinonimo code wasn't too hard and I figured out pretty soon, but SCREW translating a whole text in the other code, most of them are "LOL! You're wearing a fez!", I got a bit of deja vu from Commander Keen when I realized the language "puzzle" was a bit similar to that one as in the sign next to an item is usually the name of that item (like the warp gates), but still... SCREW translating them, I just googled a translation, sorry... No game is good enough to make me learn a secret code.

No, I agree. Decoding the whole alphabet sucks, and you only need it once afaik.

Everyone knows Disasterpeace's music in this game is terrific, and that you should get the soundtrack.

BUT ....

You should also know that the recently released remix album «FZ: Side F» is fantastic too. I just listened to the Hyperduck remix called «The One-Two Quickstep Lighthouse Keeper» and I was like «hey this is great.»

You can get it here: http://disasterpeace.com/album/fz-side-f

The worst mistake I made was cheating myself out of figuring out the languages. After I looked it up, I realized how close I was...

THIS IS A SERIOUS SPOILER. IT ISN'T A JOKE SPOILER. DON'T LOOK AT IT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED.

Oh look, it's one of those Paul Robertson animated creature loops next to that monolith covered in text. It's a quick red fox jumping over a lazy brown dog. I get jokes. Now, off to find the Rosetta stone for the language.

I just made my way through the game figuring that if I didn't figure it out by the time I hit the 32-cube ending, I'd look it up. Then I saw that clue, figured it out, and even started getting to the point that Chris talked about way back where I could (slowly) read what everything was without painstaking decoding. It made the non-important things interesting without making them seem like a waste of time. I'll go back and finish the rest of it eventually (I ended with something like 29 cubes and 14 anticubes), but a break is definitely in order.

It's another remix album. Downloading it as we speak.

I listened to it yesterday while putting my prints of DFA and Plain Sight on the wall.

I listened to it yesterday while putting my prints of DFA and Plain Sight on the wall.

Perfect.

So I finally bought it yesterday and played for several hours straight. It's quite fun. The world is way bigger/more complex than I thought it would be. And from hints I've been hearing about secrets, I guess it's even more complex than I think now. It still seems relatively easier than something like Antichamber but I got scared a bit when I looked at the minimap for the first time and wondered if I have the engergy to complete it.

It only takes 5-6 hours to see the first ending and its pretty easy to reach that point

Yeah, just finished it. Had 30 normal cubes and

8 or so anti-cubes

. But what the hell, now I can start New Game+ but to get at the secrets I have to collect all the collectibles all over again?

No, i remember it is a little confusing as it seems like it you start completely over but after you get your fez (climb to the top of the village) you get all your cubes back... I think. It's been a while

Yeah, as long as it's NG+, you should have all your stuff.

I'd say that Mington's finally crazy, but then I noticed he's 6 posts away from 1000 and it's clear he's trying to make that milestone happen today.

he could both be crazy AND trying to pad his post count at the same time. The two aren't mutually exclusive...

in new game plus you still have to climb to the top, but

you have to deal with it

At least in NG+ you 

can fly with a cheat code. It's great to backtrack to areas were you couldn't figure it out before.

At least in NG+ you

can fly with a cheat code. It's great to backtrack to areas were you couldn't figure it out before.

Again, waaaaaat! Is that something you can figure out by just playing the game or is it a proper cheaters cheat

I really should go back to fez land soon, for the music if not anything else

So tempted to search for hints for the secrets... must resist. Only missing 2 cube shards and found some more anti-cubes (figured out some treasure maps).

The map indicates everything to get to 200%. So if level is not gold, then there's something there for you.

There's one hint I could take: the rooms with "secret" question mark icon -- is there always a puzzle to be solved in that room or can they just be hints to other rooms?