Lu 

The Arma 2 + Operation AH thread of 'let's try this again'

Learning to pilot choppers so I can get us all killed. :grin:

I'm preparing by still not having ever started up the game and not planning to!

Humm, there's a family thing on Sunday. I'll do my best to make it. I might be late.

See that you do; don't disappoint the

In other news, I have a most excellent buddy who agreed to letting us use his Mumble server on sunday.

Adress: fergcraft.dyndns.org

Port: 64738

I'll put this info in the OP too. All in all, we're all set for a realistic manshoot!

Edited by PiratePooAndHisBattleship

Wait, this thing is free and co-op? Did you rent the server? What time were you thinking on sunday? questions?

Yes, yes and it's on the idle thumbs Steam group event thing; we'd be starting around 8 your time. And yes, they're allowed. :tup:

Check the first post for server and Mumble details. The Mumble server will only be up on the day itself though. Our backup plan will be Skype. :D

Cool! I had assumed that arma was a standard fps and I've spent enough cash on games lately, but happy days that I read the post :) might be at a BBQ this sunday (rare sunny day in Ireland) but i'll join if I can.

Cool. Will maybe see you then.

Everyone please note the last minute change in Mumble address, in case any of you had already added that specific IP thingy I had put down previously. :D

Alright! Moment of truth. Let's see who is a cool person and who is not a cool person. Game starts in 5 minutes. :D

Oh noes, i chose the BBQ! Hope ye had a good pewpew.Have ye any more planned?

Mmmm, steak.

Armchair ruins everything!

Actually I might have ruined everything, but I maintain I had the right of way.

It was a barrelful of chortles, to be sure! There was an unfortunate accident wherein Armchair and I were clearing an enemy fortification, and this guy Ben jumped out from behind a box and ran past me. My military reflexes kicked in and before I knew it I had neutralised what I perceived to be a lethal threat. We tried saving his life, but Armchair got his crow stuck in a fence.

Edited by toblix

The best part was when you yelled "Freeze!" on mumble before you killed Ben in cold blood immediately after. We did an interpretive dance to honor his sacrifice and then preserved nature and got shot and killed.

All in all, it was a blast, though it slightly dragged in the end when half of us were dead. I'll get some better missions for next time and hopefully next time there will be significantly less tech problems and more actual game playing. If you folks are up for a next time, at least.

Absolutely! Any time after noon my time and I'll be there.

Sitting in the truck for 20 minutes only to get blown up by a nuke was my favorite part and didn't drag at all. It was actually a whole lotta' fun and I will lend my services to the Idle Thumbs Elite Strike Force whenever possible.

/salute

Dudes! Ace fun was had by all! I loved the part where I had to download 3170 updates just to get banned from the server!

Ha! It was great fun and the mumble chat worked excellently (I almost don't care what the game is, I just like to chew the cud with everyone).

There are some hilarious bugs (Ben trying to drag me into the afterlife while Toblix tried to atone for his itchy trigger finger, my crow etc) - there's lots of mileage left in ARMA I feel (about thirty miles in a slow truck with extreme handling to be precise)

See you all next week I hope.

I'm downloading the free portion of the game as I post this.

I might be late to the party, but I would like to join in on the fun next time around as well (if you'll have me). I haven't played ARMA before, so you guys will have to bear with my lack of skills/understanding.

And I do have prior engagements this Sunday so, my presence for the next round of fun is not entirely set in stone.

We'll be glad to have you, Skratche! :tup: Been a long time since we played video games together.

Ah yes, what Toblix said. The free version needs to be patched to version 1.11.86somethingwithmorenumbers. Check for the free version patches, as the not-free-game gets different patches altogether.

I got the 1.11 patch from their website. I didn't see a link for any other patch higher than that one. So I'm assuming that's the only one. Will try to get online later and see if it works.

I got the steam verions, should i have got the standalone?

Steam downloads the latest version, which is why you don't need to worry about the patches, dibs. :tup:

Just make sure you run ArmA 2 and not OA or Combined Ops.

Pirate, you're going to need to find a bunch of 10+ person levels it seems like.