Lu 

The Arma 2 + Operation AH thread of 'let's try this again'

So yea, mumble was down, it's proprietor nowhere to be found. Scratch, me, Pocket and Mike managed to get together on Skype and we played a few games. At the end there was an amazing thing where the ground beneath 2 constantly respawning little birds was messed up, and on respawn they'd flip up high in the air, fall down and then explode again.

So I managed to piece together this gif, from some quick screenshots I took. The choppers would continuously respawn, bounce up into the air and then crash. Would have been nice if I could've grabbed the aftermath explosion to complete the gif, but the immediate explosion killed me.

2ba3d4250167ce67052bfecb697de28c.gif

This second gif is missing a frame, but you still get the picture.

e834a74e254e2eb573dd57946dca4386.gif

If only I had the means to record a video right through steam at a moment's notice, this wouldn't so hard to show.

Other than wild connection issues on my end, I enjoyed our small group shenanigans. I think my internet just doesn't like skype simultaneously running alongside other online applications, if that makes any sense. For whatever odd reason, my router kept auto resetting mid game. Here's hoping mumble works next week.

Good to know the atmosphere hasn't changed.

Scratch, from what I've seen your ping has always been atrocious in our games, so I wouldn't be surprised if Skype pushed it over the edge.

Anyway, next time will be terrific because I'll be around to save you from all the bad guys before you see them.

I've got DayZ installed and am ready to join in the fun. My steam id is youmeyou.

I'm also up for some of this ARMA craziness - will try and join in next time I have a free monday.

Ah, the fun of alpha. I've got the official DayZ mod installed but some servers are now using the beta update. I tried playing this morning and after the 5-10 minutes it takes to actually get into the game I got the warning that my version was outdated. I need to check as to whether I can see what version a server is running BEFORE I begin the lengthy process of joining a game.

DayZ is running steady for me in the non peak hours. I added you on steam and in the steam group DayZ Thumbs. Let me know if you got any questions maybe i can be off help.

I added most of the players that i know play DayZ in the DayZ Thumbs steam group. Just add me on steam if you want in, or leave your steam id here.

edit: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dayzthumbs

I approve this message. Also, let's create a Day Z thread!

edit: DONE.

WE ARE PLAYING A GAME OF ARMA 2 AND YOU SHOULD PLAY IF YOU CAN.

Hi! I'd love to play some Arma 2 with all y'all Thumbs. I'm in London, so 5-8 hours ahead of the US contingent timewise, but if anyone's likely to be around during the afternoons -- maybe during a weekend? -- I wouldn't mind doing a bit of legwork to get things organised. This would presumably be for Arma 2 vanilla, though note that if you can get your hands on a cheap copy of Operation Arrowhead, you can still use the free version of Arma 2 to make Arma 2: Combined Operations. (I can give instructions if needed). Either way, I have access to a couple of servers that we could use, including plenty of nice co-op missions for however many people we can scavenge. I can probably pull in a few more folks from elsewhere to join us, too. This would be strictly a newbie-friendly affair. :)

You would all also be more than welcome to join us RockPaperShotgun folks for our weekly sessions under Folk ARPS. We play Arma 2: Combined Operations on Sundays and Tuesdays at 7:30 GMT, which I believe is 2:30 Eastern time. It's a good time! There are also Invasion 44 nights, occasional ACE/ACRE nights and I believe some folks occasionally play DCS World together, which I can get the details for if anyone wants. Most or all of the info you need should be at that link, but if anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to help. The more the merrier!