RPS has an article on the new Mojang game, Scrolls.

It sounds a bit like Culdcept Saga with more CCG elements to it like Magic the Gathering. I'm intrigued but the pay as you play aspect of buying more cards is a pain.

I'm intrigued but the pay as you play aspect of buying more cards is a pain.

Pretty much my feeling.

I think it's fair enough, they have to make some money in the long run as well. Besides, they make it clear you'll be able to play it and have fun with the starting deck and that you'll get a random pick of cards. Besides, they hope to be able to implement game modes where you can win cards off players, if it doesn't get labelled as gambling.

Anyways, looking forward to this!

keys-015-600x450.jpg

The most unused keyboard key ever. Let's hope this game will justify it's reason to still exist.

Even when scroll lock did things, back in the early nineties, I am not sure what it did exactly, even though I remember having to use it to start certain programs.

I think that, in the late 80s, early 90s, if you had a keyboard with scroll lock, and you had a lock, if you hit scroll lock it would scroll that lock.

I can't remember what it did either. But there is a use for it that would make sense: stop scrolling down in a debug log window. Eclipse for example even has a button for that titled 'Scroll Lock' but it doesn't react to the key at all.

I'll try making that plugin tomorrow. It's a great idea.

Nice work. It was acutally quite useful to me already.