Sign in to follow this  
Orv

Neptune's Pride Co-op, Sort Of

Well, you don't need to buy a key. I wouldn't be playing if I did. And apparently you don't need to invest a lot of time.

You don't need a key to play a game that someone with a key sets up, as far as I know.

As for length, I don't actually know but based on what people were saying about Neptune's Pride and how it's going so far in Blight for me, I would guess a few weeks.

Ugh, not having the key is nerfing play in a distasteful way.

We should probably move this to Multiplayer Networking?

What's the time commitment like? Do you need to jump in at all hours of the day, or is one quick log in every day good enough?

Your story where you could actually increase your time resource really intrigued me, but I would hate to ruin a co-op game by not being able to act at midnight or whatever.

So far (ie. early in the game, a few days in) once a day is enough. Theoretically if I really wanted to min-max I could see how long it's going to take each of my armies to move somewhere and set myself alarms to quickly log in and do stuff then, but practically I don't think there's enough going on that it'd really be worth it.

That said, maybe a week in this game becomes crazy and you have to log in every three hours or you die.

There shouldn't be a problem starting play with one missing, apart from a small penalty to the tardy one.

I guess I could start the game with you guys, keep the bench warm for whoever comes after me.

I'm moving soon though, so I probably won't be able to play for more than a few weeks.

The sooner we can get a Thumbs game going the better.

In my current game, we started off ok but now half the players have decided to stop fighting and are desperately grabbing as much land as they can.

Yes we are, sorry about that, last couple of days were a bit hectic and I gave my gaming time to simulations.

Game Name: Immortal Thumb

Keyword: fucknick

I've set the difficulty to normal for now and it's paused until everyone is in.

brkl and myself appear to be in, though you yourself don't Orvidos?

Thank you for reminding me. :fart:

Right, I'm in. My names Urist in game (when I signed up it seemed appropriate).

Hopefully I'll get a chance to check in on this one more regularly than my previous ones!

Same here, I am travelling so I won't be able to commit to more than logging in once a day but if you need an extra person, sign me up.

It just so happens that we're two people short. Get yourselves over to the site and sign up!

*Took a deep breath*

Well I am in. I have sent a bunch of dudes to take an unoccupied spot near the blight. Please, any help on what the hell I am supposed to be doing would be ace.

Typical! I've been waiting all last week for this to start and as soon as I'm back at work... :P

This time I won't be caught out by the 3 day kick for not logging in like my last game. I emailed the devs about that actually as there was no notification about what had happened. It just said I'd been defeated when I logged in despite winning the last few battles that had been fought. I was quite confused as I didn't realise you could be kicked! I thought it would be like Neptune's Pride where either an a.i. would takeover or I'd just be over run with blight when I logged in.

Anyway, the awesome guys at Iron Helmet responded with a tale of how the 3 day thing had got the better of them too and promised to improve it and gave me a free immortal key! So that's me sorted for this month. :tup: