Drath

2 Player Co-op with Girlfriend

That said, I've also heard that Super Mario Bros. Wii absolutely ruins friendships because there is collision between players?

Maybe if one of you keeps pushing the other in lava on purpose. Co-op can actually make most of the levels easier because if one player dies the other just has to free him/her from a bubble and they can both keep going.

I think the collisions between co-op players cause more laughter than any kind of anger in New Super Mario Bros Wii. It's hilarious to cause by accident something totally unexpected.

Yeah, I've spent a few evenings playing a bunch of NSMBW with a coworker, and the two of us had a fantastic time. She likes to brag about how great she is at Mario, so being able to throw her into a pit when she starts getting cocky is great, and the rest of the time the collisions just led to a bunch of laughing. That game will only ruin friendships if your friends have no sense of humour.

I'm gonna be the guy that bumps this, asking for recs. We mainly play DS together, and lately, we've just been playing "Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time", and loving the hell out of it. It's a cool little action RPG and we've had a ball.

Can anyone recommend other games like that for the DS? Cheers darlings

Many of the "Tales of" RPGs support co-op. Tales of Symphonia for GameCube (or Wii) was probably the best, but there's also:

Tales of the Abyss (PS2)

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (Wii)

Tales of Vesperia (Xbox 360 / PS3)

...and others.

Also, it's not out yet, but Dungeon Siege III will support co-op and also have a somewhat-branching storyline. (Or at least, "choices")

RPGs that have co-op? That's kind of neat, I might check that out as we both love RPGs, or at least have a background in them as kids.

We recently beat Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game on medium difficulty. It was great, in fact, it's probably a favourite game now. I just love the old-school vibe, with all the new-school improvements. It's really fluid. It gets a bit harder later on, but with a bit of light-grinding, you will soon be epic enough to destroy anything.

RPGs that have co-op? That's kind of neat, I might check that out as we both love RPGs, or at least have a background in them as kids.

We recently beat Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game on medium difficulty. It was great, in fact, it's probably a favourite game now. I just love the old-school vibe, with all the new-school improvements. It's really fluid. It gets a bit harder later on, but with a bit of light-grinding, you will soon be epic enough to destroy anything.

We've just been playing Crystal Chronicles, and they're pretty super. Just cool sword and magic shit, it's fun to play with two people!