Sign in to follow this  
toblix

Instant Messenger

I've been using Pidgin since it was gaim, and won't be looking back any time soon. All I want is IM with a simple, unobtrusive layout and pidgin does this for me.

Don't use Raptr as an IM client, it's pretty awful.

I use Steam, Windows Live Messenger and Facebook chat. None are fantastic, but they get the job done.

It's awfully simple maybe :mock:

I don't know, how is it awful? It lacks a lot of functionality and complexity, but it delivers text to a person and then shows some text by another person - the whole point. I mainly use it because I don't want to run AIM/GTalk/MSN/Xfire individually, I would rather have it all in one place, and it's video game related, so that's sweet and stuff.

It's awfully simple maybe :mock:

I don't know, how is it awful? It lacks a lot of functionality and complexity, but it delivers text to a person and then shows some text by another person - the whole point. I mainly use it because I don't want to run AIM/GTalk/MSN/Xfire individually, I would rather have it all in one place, and it's video game related, so that's sweet and stuff.

It's ugly as hell, it doesn't need pop-ups for people when using the out of game client, it's slow. Also the in game client doesn't differentiate between 2 people who have the same name, until they have replied.

I use Adium, it's so fucking good, and totally visually customisable.. get a mac :)

otherwise if iam stuck in windows i jut use gtalk and ignore all other things because ughhhhhhh trillian is like ICQ now.

ahh remember ICQ? :)

Yup! Giving a number for each user instead of a user name is atrocious design, but it sort of worked in those innocent times.

ahh remember ICQ? :)
UH-OH! UH-OH! CLAKCLAKCLAKCLAKCLAKCLAKCLAKCLAKCLAKCLAKCLAKCLAK
trillian is like ICQ now.
What makes you say that?

Still using ICQ the most (through Miranda IM), but I've written down the number to Gmail as an email, I would never remember it otherwise, couple friends stopped using ICQ a long time ago already because they forgot their numbers and some created like four accounts because they always forgot the number.