Sign in to follow this  
MrHoatzin

Aaaaaahhhhhh!!!! - The tale of a lost CD which blossomed into a chat about rock music

I'm moving to Finland.

ROCK \m/ \m/

Bandwidth, strong booze, bizarre weather (inc. snow!) and death metal.

What's not to like?

As you can tell my musical tastes are locked where they were when I was 16..

:frusty: <-- headbanging with rock power..

The first two are very good choices (listening to White as I type this :D). Never heard the other two though...

According to the handy booklet in the case that contains the lyrics, the word is "easily" but they say "eeeeaaaaassilyyyy".

I just listened to a crappy RealAudio version of it, and I think they do sing "please hurry".

The first two are very good choices (listening to White as I type this :D). Never heard the other two though...

Ooh, you should definitely listen to the other two. They are, in order from left to right, Asylum by a british symphonic progressive band called Cressida, and Ladies and Gentlemen We're Floating in Space by a more modern, albeit just as brilliant, psychedelic/space rock band called Spiritualized (closely connected to Spacemen 3, if you know about them).

Anyway, rock album of the week:

Trout_Mask_Replica.jpg

Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band - Trout Mask Replica

:tup:

fun fact: Beefheart actually made a real trout mask to run around with. I'd like to meet him, he seems like an interesting chap.