Sign in to follow this  
Jake

The Idle Thumbs Podcast Episode 9: Rolling With the Pope

This has to be the longest, most indepth discussion about a 20 second idlethumbs joke rift ever in existence.

I wonder what Max Ides middle name is? Is his full name Maximillian or Maxwell? What's his favoite colour?

His first name is just Max, but his middle name is Well. It's weird.

By the way, I'm the guy who bought the new gaming PC and slowly fell in love with Far Cry 2.

After adding it all up, I only spent 120 dollars on games, not 400. I happened to buy my computer on the same day that huge Steam sale started, so I got 15 games for an average of $8 bucks apiece. Buying a PC is just about the best thing I've ever done, it's crazy how much I prefer the mouse and keyboard, even though I've barely used it as a control scheme since 2002.

Third act twist: Max Ides is actually Brutus. Think about it.

I donno I'm not an art expert or anything but i think Brutus is the guy who is looking away from Ceaser at his front, so max must be one of these other guys.

maxoa.jpg

Max has been a force since time immemorial. Every major event that has happened to fall by "coincidence" on the ides, if you dig around you will find Max Ides.

Max has been a force since time immemorial. Every major event that has happened to fall by "coincidence" on the ides, if you dig around you will find Max Ides.

PLUG INTO THE ANIMUS

Haha, he's the Count of Saint Germain for a modern era, basically. :tup:

VISCERAL GAMES PRESENTS...

I'm going to blame this thread if anyone from Ea is reading it and getting ideas.

I'm going to blame this thread if anyone from Ea is reading it and getting ideas.

Awesome - as long as we get credit, that's all that matters. Max Ides: Origins: Darkness would be an amazing Video game.

I would tinker with the wording.

The Ides of Darkness: Origins of Max; Dark Moon Rising

I would tinker with the wording.

The Ides of Darkness: Origins of Max; Dark Moon Rising

I don't know, I like it but... Max Ides: The Origins of Darkness sounds a little better. BUT. If we stick with yours, it would have to be;

The Ides of Darkness: Origins of Max; Blue Moon Rising

You guys are getting eerily close to actual design meetings I've sat in on and quite frankly, think you've collaborated on EA's answer to Assassins Creed.

You guys are getting eerily close to actual design meetings I've sat in on and quite frankly, think you've collaborated on EA's answer to Assassins Creed.

I would def buy The Ides of Darkness: Origins of Max; Blue Moon Rising

looking forward to the prologue chapter in the game where we get to stab Caesar, or perhaps work it into a tutorial. This is how max moves, this is how max climbs the sides of buildings, this is how max steers the flow of human history.

I would def buy The Ides of Darkness: Origins of Max; Blue Moon Rising

looking forward to the prologue chapter in the game where we get to stab Caesar, or perhaps work it into a tutorial. This is how max moves, this is how max climbs the sides of buildings, this is how max steers the flow of human history.

nonononon you're doing it wrong.

You start off in present day Rome, where you discover a half-broken dagger on the floor. As you bend down to pick it up, you're grabbed sharply by Max Ides, and swiftly knocked out. As you lay unconscious, you go through your tutorial. The first half of the game is just flashbacks to Max's murders, and then POW, somebody crashes into where you're being held, and it's up to you to save the day, save Max Ides, and save the human race.

nonononon you're doing it wrong.

You start off in present day Rome, where you discover a half-broken dagger on the floor. As you bend down to pick it up, you're grabbed sharply by Max Ides, and swiftly knocked out. As you lay unconscious, you go through your tutorial. The first half of the game is just flashbacks to Max's murders, and then POW, somebody crashes into where you're being held, and it's up to you to save the day, save Max Ides, and save the human race.

You work in a studio, don't you? :)

Well that could work but the first chapter def needs to be named "Give unto Caesar" or have max say it at some point while flipping a coin at you or a statue of Julius.

A friend and myself were toying with the idea that max is a very sad man under all the glory and guts and the one liners, its the immortals plight all his friends die and hes the one that gets them killed or has to kill them. sort of a bound by fate kind of character, this would encourage metal gear like cut scenes. (also max def would "wear his sunglasses at night")

Is the right direction for max ides or should he just be a badass who will take you out on the first dong with no human like emotion.

Well that could work but the first chapter def needs to be named "Give unto Caesar" or have max say it at some point while flipping a coin at you or a statue of Julius.

A friend and myself were toying with the idea that max is a very sad man under all the glory and guts and the one liners, its the immortals plight all his friends die and hes the one that gets them killed or has to kill them. sort of a bound by fate kind of character, this would encourage metal gear like cut scenes. (also max def would "wear his sunglasses at night")

Is the right direction for max ides or should he just be a badass who will take you out on the first dong with no human like emotion.

No, this could totally work. In one of the flashbacks, you see him on a starry night with a woman. She turns to him;

"Oh damnit Max! I have to say it to you! I know you always tell me I can't, but I must!"

"No Cleopatra! You musn't! We've discussed this before!"

" But damnit Max! I love you!"

At this point, a QTE appears on screen. Press A.

Max slaps Cleopatra.

"Damnit woman! Why did you do that? EVERYTHING I LOVE DIES."

Fade to black

Anthony and Cleopatra are both dead, and as the camera turns away from their bodies, you see Max in the dark corner, sobbing.

No, this could totally work. In one of the flashbacks, you see him on a starry night with a woman. She turns to him;

"Oh damnit Max! I have to say it to you! I know you always tell me I can't, but I must!"

Max slaps Cleopatra.

Fade to black

Anthony and Cleopatra are both dead, and as the camera turns away from their bodies, you see Max in the dark corner, sobbing.

9.8/10 this summers must buy!

only thing holding it back from a 10/10 is a lack of custom costume dlc sure to be fixed by ea in a few months.

Max slaps Cleopatra.

Fade to black

Jake and I are reading this to each other over our cube wall (not gay) and laughing our asses off.

Went out for dinner with a friend visiting town, was kinda hoping there was gonna be more on max's dark past when I got home. The narrative we discussed at dinner was Ides secret pack with the old gods becoming a monster to save his friends lives but then betrayed by the evil pact makers and is forced to kill the very people he is trying to save.

Max Ides: The Origins of Darkness

I made a photoshop of this but part of the picture was so dark I couldn't get it to save into a image format and still be readable, it was only legible inside Photoshop. Couldn't even get a picture of it with my iPhone, luckily my DSLR (Canon EOS 550D) is good enough to pick up the difference however it still looks pretty bad.

Anyway, here ya go. Another photoshop failure.

IMG_0954.jpg

Jake and I are reading this to each other over our cube wall (not gay) and laughing our asses off.

That made me happy. Thank you :)

Also, nice work Thompson. We shall make this into a great idea before long :P