Summer Steam Sale

Holy crap - nows the time to fill your back-catalog

THQ sale is pretty much worth it.

Metro 2033

Stalker

Red Faction Guerrilla (space asshole)

Warhammer 40k DoW II

alone i think is worth the 49 bux :)

Yeah, I pretty much cried when I saw Chris's tweet.

Or rather, my wallet did.

Steam proves it is awesome and evil once again. I am going to have to try and exert some form of will power here. Some.... form...

Please Capcom, for the love of ALL THAT IS GOOD AND JUST; throw Bionic Commando up on sale for a few bucks. PLEASE. I want it and I want to buy it for all my friends. We will play multiplayer together and we will laugh and have fun and it'll be great. PLEASE. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE!!11 :\

Damn enablers, those Steam guys. Well, I guess I am now the proud owner of Trine. Let's see what all the fuss is about.

Daily deals for the next ten days will be devastating for my wallet. :shifty:

Farcry 2 for under 14 bucks. Trine for $4. They should call it the Idle thumbs pack.

Farcry 2 for under 14 bucks. Trine for $4. They should call it the Idle thumbs pack.

Don't forget Dawn of War II.

Typical. I run out of money when some games I want are on sale.

So what's the deal with Metro 2033? Looks like a typical FPS monster apocalyptic disaster with that almight Doom influence. Couldn't I just find a cheap copy of Doom 2 and get the same satisfaction, minus teh graph!cs?

Hmm, well, it's basically by a bunch of STALKER team dudes who went off and did something else. It's much more linear than something like STALKER, but it's quite good and can get quite tense. It does a bunch of things really well.

Tensest moment for me was when I was running around on the surface, which requires that you wear a gasmask, and I started running out of airfilters. I'm like freaking out trying to find filters on a corpse somewhere. Meanwhile, some mutant creature sees me and goes after me while I'm slowly choking to death. They did that stuff so well that I actually started to panic as I was running around.

In any case, I bought the best multiplayer game of all time (Hint: Sounds like Shmionic Shamando) although I probably won't be able to get a match going... Ever.

Damn. If only XBLA had these kind of sales!

They do. They aren't quite as good or quite as big, but they have them. Every week there is a Deal of the Week. When it started, it was usually only one game at a time, but lately it's been more several games at a time. Usually 33 or 50% off (800 pts usually goes to 400, and 1200 usually goes to 800).

They've also had a couple of what they call "Inventory Blowout Sales" (stupid name, considering the "inventory" doesn't actually take up any shelf space). They one in April, and another just ended on Wednesday.

They are also running a 50% off sale on Sonic, Sonic 2, Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles.

Back on the topic of the Steam sale, I'm actually kind of glad I have a shitty compute and a hefty backlog. Otherwise, my wallet would hate me. There is a lot of good stuff there.

I can't believe steam would do this to me. I already own Company of Heroes, I own Titan Quest, I own Dawn of war 2, but not the expansion, and I just paid 25 dollars for Metro 2033 monday morning, and they come out and offer all that, the expansions, and like 12 other of THQs best games for 50...Son of a bitch...

I have to say that 'The Creepy Watson' sounds like something disgusting you do during sex... Like the Cleveland Steamer.

i wish i had money, and a modern pc. oh well, i got deus ex for 2.50 or something, so i guess i'll call it a catching up with classic games exercise.

This Steam sale is just too good! I only went on there to pre-order SoMI2:SE but ended up buying the THQ pack, Trine, Far Cry 2, and Bioshock 2.

Yet more games to add to my ever-growing backlog.

They do. They aren't quite as good <snip>

Yeah, that's what I meant. Even at 50% off I wouldn't buy some of those games, but with Steam you can get some incredible bargains. (Games for £2.50GBP, or even newer games, like Bioshock 2, for £9.99GBP, etc.) I wish XBLA had sales like that!

I don't think I've ever bought anything in an XBLA sale, though. I think Braid got really cheap at one point, and that was totally worth it - but I'd already bought it :)

ok I got the THQ pack, I am gonna wanna get some idle thumbs coop DoWII action in that survival mode :)

The survival mode is a lot of fun in Dawn of War 2. Make sure you don't ignore Titan Quest too. I think it's the best diablo knockoff out there, even better then torchlight imo.

The survival mode is a lot of fun in Dawn of War 2. Make sure you don't ignore Titan Quest too. I think it's the best diablo knockoff out there, even better then torchlight imo.

You are wrong.