Sombre

Dwarf Fortress: Succession Fort!

i wish!

murdoc? more like murdoch and his economic monstrosities.

*sniff* poor little starving dwarves.

Spring has given way to the ravages of summer. seriously, lungfish are creeping me out.

Ok, i have around 20 days left utill spring rolls around again. who is taking over? i'll finish tonight.

also, i'm not very good at creative writing, but i'll do my best to add to the log:P

Ok, i've uploaded. box.net wouldn't let me upload to the existing folder, so i just made a new one and invited you both.

here is what should work:

Download DF_31_08_Phoebus_2_1_3_B.rar

Download region1-spr-1052 --s-spr-1053A.rar

Download region1-spr-1052 --s-spr-1053B.rar

Run DF from DF_31_08_Phoebus_2_1_3_B

Start a new map.

Save and exit.

Make a folder region1-spr-1052 --s-spr-1053 in the saves folder

Add the contends of region1-spr-1052 --s-spr-1053A.rar and region1-spr-1052 --s-spr-1053B.rar

Play!

sorry i had to split the save. its gone too big to upload in one chunk on box.net:(

I sadly won't be participating in this. MineCraft has allowed my DF to lapse too far to trust myself with a succession fort currently. Maybe later on, if you guys don't go Boatmurdered in year 3.

i hadn't played since july. its like riding a bike, but the bike has many buttons.

I'll go next, downloading now! I agree with the many buttoned bike analogy.

I hope you haven't just jinxed my rule Orvidos.

Just read the brief Dibs, thanks so much for picking this back up, reminded me how awesome Dwarf Fortress is.

Originally in the summer I continued my game separately and it was pretty hilarious, so it'll be really cool to see how this version works out; especially with more competent leaders, hehe.

I'll go next, downloading now! I agree with the many buttoned bike analogy.

I hope you haven't just jinxed my rule Orvidos.

Cat, you're playing Dwarf Fortress. I don't need to jinx it.

jinx it, they fortress needs some patented fun injected:P the worst i had was a mad dwarf and an elephant.

I fear my reign will go down as the most unproductive ever. Oh well. All is done now. Just have to upload the save this evening and write the report. I'll post again when the save's up. Who's gonna go next?

we need somebody untested and inexperienced to take over. more fun plz!

If no one calls it before next weekend, I'll take another round, it's been so long, it'll be like starting fresh again anyway, hehe.

I might call it if no-one else does by Wednesday. I'll need that long to moderately reacquaint myself.

Well I didn't get chance on Sunday... or Monday. I'll make sure I get some time to upload the files tonight though!

I was like that too, there is a huge barrier to actually sitting down and playing DF for me, but once i do start playing....its 4 a.m. and i haven't peed in 8 hours.

Right the save files are uploaded. Whoever's next will need a box.net account and I'll have to add you to the sharing (or maybe Dibs and Murdoc can as well as they have access too).

Follow Dib's instructions above making sure you have the right version of DF and using my save files and it should be ok. Let me know if there are any problems!

Report impending...

Report is up as well now, with pics! :)

I'm very sorry about your bruised heart Dibs. Those Elephants will pay!

This is so much fun reading this. If no one is up, I'll do some on the weekend and hopefully have it posted by Sunday Night.

This is so much fun reading this. If no one is up, I'll do some on the weekend and hopefully have it posted by Sunday Night.

Since BG2 didn't actually release on GOG today, I'm going to give this a try without having played in a couple months.

Eep.

Provided I had access to the save. . .what am I missing here?

Edited by Orvidos

We really left Orv on a cliff hanger above.

Who is up for it again? Sign ups starting.

Right... I'm not sure what happened there, I think I was in school and it got away from me.

I'll be up for it, but am still without a computer, so best to stick me near the middle or end.