Joflar

Neptune's Bountiful Pride

I'm playing a public game with nobody I know and I'm feeling terrible about deciding who to attack next. I've had friendly relationships with pretty much all of the remaining players, so I need to betray SOMEONE to continue.

Not to mention both of them are asking me to attack the other.

Edited by Reikon

To break the implied secrecy on everything I feel like I need to out Murdoc. No one trust Murdoc. Believe not a word he says. (Also he tried to pull the Nigerian Prince scam on me early on. That was pretty funny.)

Wow just wow.

First off, my Nigerian prince scam has been an honored economic business practice of mine and those who have taken part have been only satisfied customers. Considering the nature of this, I can not ask for them to divulge their identities... it's sort of like a bordello asking for customer quotes in advertisements.

I have, I admit , made one poor decision and screwed over one person, which wasn't Squid. Some of you know what this is, but rather then make it public be assured it wasn't part of some scam, it was just out of haste and fear. I am making attempts to compensate that individual with what I promised with interest, the deal is just not finalized... I think he may just come out and destroy me.

Though to be fair, my emails do border that Nigerian prince scam, I was thinking of actually sending one out as a joke...

Anyone ever play Sorry with family members? This game sort of reminds me of the bad vibes it created, so all I can say is sorry.

Oh and it was Squid that attacked me first after I was kind enough to ask for a Non Agression Pact. It was actually this reason that lead me to that haste and fear that ended up screwing over the other person.

So, No one trust Murdoc Squid. Believe not a word he says.

I thought I had screwed up big time in the beginning but I still may have a chance at this...

On another note, it's ridiculously harder for anyone sitting in the middle. If this keeps going, I see some people ousted in the next couple of days.

I thought I had screwed up big time in the beginning but I still may have a chance at this...

On another note, it's ridiculously harder for anyone sitting in the middle. If this keeps going, I see some people ousted in the next couple of days.

Indeed, I lost my chance to expand quickly and easily. I have a difficult fight for survival ahead of me.

Edited by jennoa

01) Jhriad

02) DIUM

03) Nicholololas

04) Marek

05) dibs

06) bd_monkey (?)

07) Reikon

08) Thunderpeel

09) Murdoc

10) F4T C4T

Can the peeps who are interested in this game post. If we have a few I'll start up a game in the next few days. We don't need 12, but if anyone from the 1s game wants in on another then nps.

I'll update as we get moar.

Lets set a deadline for this time Wednesday. I'll go with less than 12 then.

Edited by dibs

I'm still in for a thumbs game.

Question: while a faction is under AI administration, can it actually attack anyone?

I'm still in for a thumbs game.

Question: while a faction is under AI administration, can it actually attack anyone?

I think it just sits there gathering resources and creating units until someone comes around to destroy them.

I've been told that the AI will remain neutral untill attacked and will then retaliate. However, in my own games that hasn't been the case so i'm not sure at all.

Anyone know how to merge fleets? The help thing says empty fleets will be scuttled, but I'm not able to move all the ships to a new fleet, as the last ship can't be moved.

Hey, I'm up for this if there's still room. I signed up to it a few weeks back when I finished reading the RPS articles but haven't had the time/balls to drop into a game just yet. Would love to give it a go with you lot though.

Anyone know how to merge fleets? The help thing says empty fleets will be scuttled, but I'm not able to move all the ships to a new fleet, as the last ship can't be moved.

Yeah, I've been having the same problem. I think I posted about it a while back. the larger fleet's number in the transfer dialogue will go up all the way, but the smaller fleet will stay at one, and the last ship will never transfer. It's caused me great vexation and nearly cost me a battle. It forces you not to fritter the $25 fleet formation fee, but sometimes you need every last ship you can get your hands on.

Anyway, I was going to suggest my semi-Thumb friend Danny Boy for the second game, as I think he could be really into this sort of thing, but sadly he doesn't think he has the time at the moment.

I transfer into bigger fleets and then send my 1 ship fleets back to my central planets on pickup missions.

Yeah, I feel bad pincer attacking someone, but I also love the space battles.

I think after this game we will all have to disband from Idle thumbs and all find a new forum

I am now a bundle of raw nerves. I dreamed about this damn game last night.

I agonize over every fleet movement.

Fret the impact of every decision.

Assume every email an insidious ploy.

I watch alliances form and collapse, once strong nations crumble, and seemingly benign adversaries unleash devastation.

I think I have an ulser.

Damn you jennoa!!!

Today you may win, but your future is written in your blood!

ps: I'm not paying that much attention to the game, otherwise I wouldn't have made so many mistakes.

Damn you jennoa!!!

Today you may win, but your future is written in your blood!

ps: I'm not paying that much attention to the game, otherwise I wouldn't have made so many mistakes.

I could tell you were on auto pilot. That makes all the mistakes I made all the more embarrassing.

Well thanks to an awful starting position, an explosion of coursework, JamesM, and a backstabbing bastard in Murdoc :fart:, I'm all but done.

Good luck the rest of you.

Yeah, I'm starting to feel like a galactic bastard, but the opportunity was open to me and I had to fight someone eventually.

Edited by JamesM

I have to say that after this weekend yesterday was an absolute treat of rest. I actually slept last night without waking up at 6am and rushing to my computer.

It looks to me like IrishJohn is making a move on decapentaplegic.

I really wish this game had a global battle report.