Sign in to follow this  
JonCole

Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver

Oh man, it can never return from its walk. It can never return from its walk. That's just so bleak. I hate you for making me sad.

So, my girlfriend actually managed to murder a Pokemon, by putting it in the Pokewalker then accidentally putting it through the washing machine. Suppose that's Pokeslaughter rather than murder.

Oh, god, I hope that it just fainted. Please tell me that it just fainted.

On a more serious note, I managed to dig this up on the US Nintendo Store site, if you hoped for the chance of a replacement:

http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=166708&currency=USD&catalogId=10001&tranId=0&lastAction=setCurr&storeId=10001&languageId=-1&categoryId=&ddkey=http:SetCurrencyPreference

Damn, you people are making me feel old. You played Red/Blue when you were 8? I just started high school when that game came out.

On the flipside, it's making me feel embarrassingly young. I played Pokemon red... about when it came out, I think. Yeesh.

Also

I transferred a bunch of Pokemon to HG from Ruby. Having my Groudon follow me is fantastic

I dug out my DS for this game and I've been having a grand time, when I can bring myself to play it.

Playing a handheld feels weird to me now, though. I don't know when this happened to me. There's always a bigger screen in the room that I could be playing a game on instead of this tiny one in my hands, and for some reason now (but never before in my life) this is a huge deterrent.

All my commuting is on foot nowadays, too, so that rules out the classic bus-trip scenario.

But anyway, the game is actually a lot of fun once I get into it. I mean, it's pokemon. They don't really change that much between games, they just improve each system slightly and maybe add new characters to sprite.