Armchair General

A new multiplayer game (for the times when left for lobby gets too much)

I am trying to get my hands on a BFBC2 beta key without preordering, want to see if it will run smoothly on my PC. If it does I'll probably get it, otherwise it's 360 or nothing for me.

Last I checked they still had some keys over at fileplay.com. You just need to signup for an account first. Even if it says no keys left, check back later they keep adding more from time to time.

BTW, I am Skratche in game. I have friended everyone I could think of, but I might have missed someone.

I keep forgetting to check when I'm actually at my PC. I'm probably JamesM or TheJames or TheJamesM (in that order of preference).

EDIT: It turns out my game name is JamesM. I've added those who have posted their names. LET'S ARRANGE A THING.

Edited by JamesM

This is probably a really dumb question, but if I get BadCompany 2 from somewhere other than Steam, will there be aby problem in hooking up with the Thumbs guys who have bought it from steam? It wont interfere with any voice comms or anything will it?

Also, yep, the AvP preorder did cancel, and my Universe at War became a 'predownload, awaiting purchase', so I just deleted the local content.

I have suddenly been plunged into a dire financial month, so I cant get the BC2 preorder yet, and so will likely have to get it from somewhere else, or later when it does come out.

:tdown:

This is probably a really dumb question, but if I get BadCompany 2 from somewhere other than Steam, will there be aby problem in hooking up with the Thumbs guys who have bought it from steam? It wont interfere with any voice comms or anything will it?

Also, yep, the AvP preorder did cancel, and my Universe at War became a 'predownload, awaiting purchase', so I just deleted the local content.

I have suddenly been plunged into a dire financial month, so I cant get the BC2 preorder yet, and so will likely have to get it from somewhere else, or later when it does come out.

:tdown:

I have the non steam beta. It uses an entirely different infrastructure to Steam, so you have a separate account, the steam overlay works with it though

LET'S ARRANGE A THING.

At this point I can only do weekends and since Sunday is already taken up by L4D2, I propose Saturday. I would prefer it to be around the same time as L4D2 i.e. 9 or 10 pm BST, but I am open to other suggestions.

Note that this not a commitment to play the actual game but just try out the beta for a few weeks first.

Note that this not a commitment to play the actual game but just try out the beta for a few weeks first.

Ha ha Scratch! Your non-committal is worthy of the U.N.!

:grin:

Bejaysus! It's so difficult to tell the sides apart in this game! Maybe Im missing something!

:yep:

Lots of fun, but it just seems a bit like chaos when you havent got some mates forming a squad with you.

Anyone got any tips for helping idnetify who is who? The radar screen only seems to work for people miles away from you...

Are player names not showing up over people's heads? The text is pretty small (which I like, because it makes things seem all high-resolution and swish), so perhaps it's easy to miss. I don't know if you can make it more visible somehow. I haven't had too much of a problem, although I have occasionally shot some friendlies at point blank when I got caught by surprise.

I might be able to do Saturday, depending on whether my friends want to go to the pub or something.

I have had friendly fire situations too, usually because at close range in a surprise encounter I cant tell the difference between the two sides!

I'd be up for a foray on Saturday night, if anyone else is!

:tup:

Bejaysus! It's so difficult to tell the sides apart in this game! Maybe Im missing something!

:yep:

Lots of fun, but it just seems a bit like chaos when you havent got some mates forming a squad with you.

Anyone got any tips for helping idnetify who is who? The radar screen only seems to work for people miles away from you...

I think, if you cant see a tag above their heads then they are fair game for some stabbity knife action... I think all your own dudes show up on the mini map but with all the smoke and explosions it does get hectic.

I'm playing as 'm0nk3yarmada' btw.

S.

S.

I'm definitely up for (and in fact need) some friendly squad member action to help me work out exactly what the fuck all the shooting and dying is about.

I'm online as Armchair General

Andy (back from holiday, miss me?)

I played a bit of the beta this morning. Needless to say it was an overwhelming experience. I haven't played a battlefield game in ages. I had no idea what I was doing with all the chaos, except getting killed a dozen times.

I would very much like to experience the beta from thumbs perspective, before I go ahead buy the game. I am hoping that we can get together and get a game going soon.

It's settled then.....Battlefield Bad Company it is....?

Andy

Battlethumbs: Idle Company

THIS.

I still haven't preordered. I don't know if I will. But I might buy it later when it comes out.

As for clan tags, I thought we settled on "IT" for Idle Thumbs.

Hmm, I'd love to join you with this. Dunno how it would run on my 'puter though. Also I can't afford it now.

I've been playing the demo on PS3 and doing surprisingly well in it.

+1 I'll play...:tup:

we need to sort out a 'clan' tag, because war is serious biddiness:gaming:

S.

I went with 'Thumb'. We are an army of battlethumbs.

I went with 'Thumb'. We are an army of battlethumbs.

Our small number and great skills surely seperates us from the cannon fodder. We are an elite fighting force...like the Goonies, but older.

Andy

PS. I was commenting on the 'army' bit. I like Battlethumbs: Idle company:tup:

Edited by Armchair General