toblix

Mass Effect 2

So it's all done. Although there were some great improvements over ME (characters, dialogue, action sequences, interface, levelling up system, level design), I was pretty damned fatigued when I finally made it to the end. It just seemed overlong. The planet scanning was a nightmare -- although it turns out that I did it far more than I actually needed to. (I think I had 500K of everything by the end, not including Element Zero.)

I just don't think the story was particularly interesting compared to the first one (and the first one was only really interesting in the beginning and ending), except for at the beginning. I enjoyed the twist, and the way this was a "new" Shephard.

Now onto ME3. I hope it doesn't take 40 hours to complete, like ME2 did.

Oh! I almost forgot. The PC version of ME2 is absolutely fucking retarded in some ways. For example: The loading videos play through completely, even if the game has actually finished loading.

WTF?

Thankfully some genius made the following replacement videos: http://social.biowar...3070/blog/3198/

Here's the difference they make:

(From 16 seconds to TWO seconds.)

Note: I got a glitch when I was controlling Joker, if that happens, switch back your old videos, play that part, and then switch them back again. Easy!

So, I've been going back through the Mass Effect series because I never played 3 despite loving the first two games. I'm about 2/3s of the way through two right now. I haven't played it since my first go-around 6 years ago.

Jesus christ you guys, this game is great. An improvement on the first game in every way, with the possible exception of removing the Mako outright instead of improving it. But still, easily one of my top 10 games ever. I love everything about it.

Can't wait to play 3 (also I'm sorely tempted to just replay 2 again once I'm done, I love it that much).

I left off about half way through my 100% achievement run on ME2. Not for getting bored of the game, but more because I've simply not been playing as many games on my TV as of late.