Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Idle Thumbs 39

I've gotta say, this is one of the podcasts I wouldn't recommend to the uninitiated. I'm not clearly remembering all of it, but if I remember correctly, the inside joke quotient here is off the charts

I just listened to this one AFTER number 40 because I'm a crazy cat.

In honour of Chris' excitement at the imminent arrival of The Beatles to our virtual music playing video game habits, here's a relevant classic:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyZspqjtG2k&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyZspqjtG2k&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Oh, hey, this board exists, might as well chime in on this particular thread:

I love that they eschewed reading poignant reader mail in favor of listening to drunkards calling up a answering machine at four in the morning.

When I heard that "EYYY YA GODDAMN WIZARD" voicemail I was out running errands. I almost fell over in the middle of the grocery store laughing but was just barely able to contain myself. Probably the funniest thing I've heard in a long, long time. Fucking video games.

Oh, also, had no real fun with the Fuel demo.

LOL @ the "emotion engine".

"Thats what death sounds like to me."

That part cracked me up. So, Chris, that's just a sound your computer makes? Like the actual components inside? Ha!

LOL @ the "emotion engine".

"Thats what death sounds like to me."

That part cracked me up. So, Chris, that's just a sound your computer makes? Like the actual components inside? Ha!

It's hard to describe. It's definitely being generated by my sound card, and is not a physical noise being made inside the case. It comes through the speakers. I have no idea what process results in its existence though.

Sounds like a pachinko game. My dad had a pachinko game. He still does.

PACHINKOPACHINKOPACHINKOPACHINKOPACHINKOPACHINKOPACHINKOPACHINKOPACHINKOPACHINKOPACHINKOPACHINKOPACHINKOPACHINKOPACHINKOPACHINKOPACHINKOPACHINKOPACHINKOPACHINKOPACHINKOPACHINKOPACHINKOPACHINKO

It's hard to describe. It's definitely being generated by my sound card, and is not a physical noise being made inside the case. It comes through the speakers. I have no idea what process results in its existence though.

Oh man that's funny stuff. Jake definitely hates that sound.

My girlfriend's speakers sometimes pick up some weird frequencies and transmit faint, ghost-like communications. But nothing of the calibar that you're dealing with. I mean is the sound disproportionate to how high your volume is?

Let's be honest, it's probably Aliens. :yep:

Edit: On second thought, if it is aliens, it sounds like they're screaming in agony as they are being bloodily ground down to a pulp by some nightmarish alien-blender. And thusly Jake's horror! The question is, why did they choose to transmit to you, Chris Remo?