MrChaz

Have people seen Machinarium?

it was a little over $20 for me (lame ass stealing of VAT, something Valve is also very good at).

Shoulda gotten it off their website--eh, not to rub that in your face or anything.

I love that they give you a small download with some desktop-sized screens and five songs off the soundtrack. Such a trivial thing to be excited about, but it just warms my heart.

Played and enjoyed the demo. The characters are so charmingly animated. I really like the pictoral representation of dialogue.

That was a really short demo. And if these 3 scenes are 10% of the full game... then... :( the price is quite steep.

You're assuming that the early levels are representative of later levels in terms of both length and challenge. I don't think that's a fair assumption, but we won't know for sure until the full game is released.

Played and enjoyed the demo. The characters are so charmingly animated. I really like the pictoral representation of dialogue.

I love the picto-dialogue too. Just got the demo yesterday. Since I'm an absolute sucker for hand-drawn-style anything and am rendered helpless and gelatinous by extreme cuteness I'm completely sold, even if it is short.

I enjoyed the demo, although to be honest thought the pixel-hunting was pretty bad... the puzzles weren't that hard, so it wasn't a big issue, but I imagine later on in the game it could get a lot worse.

I'm keeping away from the demo. Want to keep it special.

That's what she said.

:woohoo:

I post this with one eye on El Muerte's sassy little response there...

I'm keeping away from the demo. Want to keep it special.

That's why I only played around for a few minutes to check it out and get the hang of it. Now I'm waiting for the real thing to come out as well.

Yeah, I think I might wait until the price drops a bit or it goes on special. Does Steam have a 'Watch' feature that gives information on changes to- or news about a game?
Steam-cum-eBay? What a horrible thought. A game comes out, and you're all like, I'd give you five bucks for it, and then when the price drops three years and two sequels later, Steam automatically buys it for you?

Not necessarily, but I'd like it if I could be informed of any news about a game I was interested in, whether it was pre-release or post release, bought or unbought.

Have played it for quite a while now. The difficulty of the puzzles increases and are not anymore confined to a single scene.

Wow! Heads are going to roll for the annoying connect 5 / Gomoku puzzle! :frusty::fart::blink::violin::getmecoat

I quit.... This is not what I payed for.... if somebody ever beats that mini game PLEASE I BEG YOU! Save right after and share the file!

The best I've gotten is a stalemate... and that wasn't good enough!

Edited by Tanukitsune

Wow! Heads are going to roll for the annoying connect 5 / Gomoku puzzle! :frusty::fart::blink::violin::getmecoat

I quit.... This is not what I payed for.... if somebody ever beats that mini game PLEASE I BEG YOU! Save right after and share the file!

The best I've gotten is a stalemate... and that wasn't good enough!

Oh yes, that's probably the most annoying mini game in the whole game. The trick is to create a lot of interconnected rows of 3 with still one side open. But it took me a long while to beat that game. I don't have a save for you though.

Finished the game. The last puzzle was a bit annoying (remembering a tune and replay it). The ending is quite disappointing though.

The least I expected was to see what happened to the black cap gang or something

I only had to use the hint book twice, and it was usually a "oh, I can click on that too (when I stand right next to it)." I think it took me 4 or 5 hours in total to complete it.

You mean like this:

X_X_X_

_X_X_X

X_X_X_

That's what I've been trying to do... still no luck... And now that I hear the final puzzle is a musical one... I almost feel like quiting the game...;(

I had something like

...._..

..XXX

_XX_

_XXX

_.....

Anyway, it was more trial and error. It looks like the hint book offers a pattern (which might work)

..X..X

X..X..

..X..X

The last puzzle isn't that difficult if you have pen and paper and write down the 7 tones. And you can probably also get it from the hint book.

Anyway, you shouldn't stop because there are various nice puzzles after the annoying connect 5.

That's like saying I can still enjoying a cake after finding a dead puppy in it...

But I will give it another go...:deranged: