Sign in to follow this  
Spaff

NCsoft Xmas party 07 - a semi ARG treasure hunt type thing wot we did

Hellooo

I just spent ages writing up the NCsoft Europe Christmas party '07, it's potentially an interesting read for some of you, especially the bored amongst you, as it's kinda long. I felt that now the company is practically dead anyways, it would be fine to share the story.

It was a kind of a semi ARG style treasure hunt for 100 odd people in 30 taxis, and took me and my team months of planning to put together.

To tempt you further I can reveal that it features Alex Ashby as a butler.

On December 7th 2007, the just over 100 strong rabble of NCsoft Europe employees gathered in the largest part of the office. They knew they were due a Christmas party but the details had been kept a secret, and now as they stood waiting, eating crappy nibbles, drinking a few beers, and watching a looping video reel of Christmas songs, rumours were being spread that the party might not happen at all.

Suddenly the TV blared out bursts of static, calling for attention, and as everyone looked on with raised eyebrows, a face appeared behind the snow, a strangely dressed girl. “Ah, there you are” she uttered. The Ice Queen, as she would be known, informed everyone standing around that their party had been ‘stolen’ and they must now show her that they had the necessary Christmas spirit to earn it back, and prove they were worthy.

It was the start of an evening which would see each of the participants chauffeured around Brighton in taxis, hunting for various locations where they would perform Christmas challenges, each one of which would earn them enough information to eventually locate the party itself.

http://roflopolis.com/roflopolis/article/the_ncsoft_europe_christmas_party_07/

That's a dangerous thing to forget. You might choke or something.

Excellent :)

There's a lot of talk of ARGs being rubbish due to low numbers of people actually participating in them, but I think the main thing is because cocks think they're a magic road to money hats. Having one done on a tiny budget with a party at the end is an excellent idea.

Dan is definitely morning TV Jesus here.