Jake

Idle Thumbs 21: The Hypersonic Effect

"Total War: Cold War" would be very interesting, assuming it's not a normal total war game.

You'd have to fight for control of margial territories while avoiding actual war. If you sparked war, you'd spark Armageddon and lose. I like it!

I actually spent more than 8 hours before leaving the first city in Mass effect and went back after the first mission to see if there was anything new. I went everywhere again and there was a few new ones.

I hope the sequel is just as good or better. I really loved the vibe of Mass effect 1.

I actually made a round through the citadel after every major quest. In the end it wasn't very useful.

Regarding the Tabula Rasa apocalypse, I was in the original Asheron's Call beta and they did something similar when it ended, albeit in a much more organized, drawn-out kind of way. It really took us all by surprise at the time, nothing like that had ever been done prior to that point (to my knowledge), and it was easily one of the more memorable gaming experience I'd ever had, mostly because it was so unexpected. I remember a few days before they shut down the beta, the town I used as a base of operations was destroyed by a fucking meteor. That really sucked.

Also, the story about Galaxies Darth Vader dropping down to give a pat on the back to the stormtrooper roleplayers left a smile on my face that lasted the entire day. Oh LucasArts, I can't stay mad at you...

It's always been so much better than the English language version with crap lyrics.

Id just like to put a quick fuck you out to IT for changing my speech pattern to constantly say 'rad' or 'sweet' when not needed and for making me put extreme emphasis when not needed on certain words. My non-gaming/non-cast listening to mates think im getting stupider everyweek ;)

On a serious note though, excellent cast yet again :)