Spaff

Plain Sight

Everyone who sent me a PM or listed their user name here should be given access shortly.

If you don't have an email, try spam (duh) and logging into the site anyways and see if you have bonus beta menus on the front page

Get in touch with moi if that fails:)

err try a bit later though when Eljay and the others actually turn it on!

Edited by Spaff

Sorry, I registered at the start of the week but didn't read about posting/PM'ing my username [Wrestlevania, naturally] here.

Really looking forward to seeing how much the game has progressed since my sneaky peek several months back, whilst cluttering up eljay's premises for a couple of nights.

Woo, got the beta installed.

I haven't been able to find any games to join yet, but it's fun to fly around and stuff :)

I am unable to host games on the Upside Town level; it seems to crash every time I try to load that map (I bugged it). I was able to host on That's No Moon without fail, however.

Installed the beta without problems. The XNA dependencies were annoying as hell like the other XNA games I tried, but at least the installer takes care of all of them at once. This week is pretty busy for me with exams ending Wednesday night, but I'd be up for a few rounds sometime. I can also dig out a wired 360 controller if you need some feedback on that control method.

Played around alone in the two maps for a bit, but no one seemed to have any servers up. The movement feels very solid, and making the scenery actually turn semitransparent when you're behind something is a very nice touch. I also like the idea of how you're using the color to make it easier to track the enemies. Looking forward to having an actual match sometime.

Right listen up, the guys need some help fixing some nasty problems, so the first session we're gonna have is today at 5:00pm GMT (that's 6:00pm for europeans and some insane time in the morning for Americanos)

This one is for the unemployed amongst us! :tup:

We can organise a real session for one eveneing this week, probably split between 2 sessions for different sides of the Atlantic.

I can't make Tuesday (wedding anniversary) or Wednesday (Grand Thumb Auto) this week. Any other day is good for me, though 8pm onwards if possible as I don't get home from work until 7pm at the earliest (and need to eat!). ;(

I wish I could join, but as long as the client uses port 12345 I can't join :/

/me shakes fist at isp for blocking that port, and to devs for picking an original port

You should be fine hmmmm.... are you sure your'e logged in as 'Wrestlevania'

that account is flagged for beta testing so the url should work, it 404s for people who arent allowed in there.

Just tried again for good measure and still get the 404 error page. No worries if the system's being a little tricky.

THIS IS A PRE-BETA VERSION. NOT THE FINAL RELEASE. DO NOT REDISTRIBUTE THIS SOFTWARE WITHOUT THE CONSENT OF BEATNIKGAMES LTD.

Big scary message says "Yes!" :mock:

I'm having problems with installation; it freezes on the .NET section. Not the whole PC, just that installer. I guess it could have been working, just really really slowly, but in the end I cancelled it manually. After that I get an error message each time I try again//

OH WAIT

it's installing now. there was a progress bar that was behind all the other windows. You might want to bring that to front.

Finals week at uni. :(

Can't play today or Wednesday, but sometime after 4pm EST could work Tuesday, or sometime Thursday.

Thursday at 8pm gmt / 9pm eurozone is looking likely atm.

Game seems to work, although i had to disable the firewall to get it working... :)

fun times!

Edited by Spaff