BooJaka

Homestar Runner? Sewiiously

Telltale Games have announced they're making episodic Homestar Runner games for Wiiware!

Every fanboys dream? Maybe. Every fanboy's nightmare? Quite probably. They seemed to have picked a good developer for it though

But how will you be able to type with boxing gloves on? I'm suddenly imagining a Karoshi-like game based on the Teen Girl Squad, but a Sam and Max style game with Homestar characters could work. :grin:

I am worried that the characters can't pull off an actual story arc, since they're usually funniest in the short emails, and even the longer cartoons don't last too long or have much sense of continuity. If anyone can do it right, though, it's Telltale.

Anyone still visiting the site? I loved it back in the day, but fell out of the habit around the time of Thy Dungeonman 3. Oh, and they never finished the final level of Stinkoman 20X6, their surprisingly fun Megaman parody, though they mentioned it in their press release. :(

Wow, aren't they a little late with this? As in; wouldn't they be better off taking something from the internet that's still a bit... more relevant? I don't know if Homestar Runner is still popular though. Is it?

Wow, aren't they a little late with this? As in; wouldn't they be better off taking something from the internet that's still a bit... more relevant? I don't know if Homestar Runner is still popular though. Is it?

Exactly. I haven't been to the sight in years. Same with Happy Tree Friends which is apparently a game now too. :tdown: :tdown:

Edit: Apparently, it's going to be subtitled with "Cool Game for Attractive People", and the whole overly-long-utterly-irrelevant subtitle idea was dead even before "Colon Movie Film for Theaters".

Was Homestar Runner ever all that popular? I think it's best Telltale picks something that inspires them rather than a game based on Chocolate Rain because it's popular.

Just as a sidenote; the latest South Park episode, with the internet fads, was great. Such a schlocky mash-up of Youtube hypes =D Chocolate Rain, Numa numa, the evil-looking hamster, Tron guy (I Am Linux!)... :tup:

I never EVER understood why Homestar Runner was popular... Maybe I should give it another go?

No.

Knowing me I'm not going to be able to say this in a way that doesn't sound pretentious, but the humor was definitely something you outgrow (ugh I was right) in my opinion. If you didn't enjoy it then you won't now.

At the risk of :getmecoat-status in t-minus 2 posts: Cheer up, you sad fucks! :tup:

Metallus wins.

Homestar Runner has had some pretty funny moments. Granted Strongbad is probably the only really funny character, but the site has definitely made me lol on more than one occasion.

As for episodic games for the Wii, it might work or it might be a pile of shite. Same goes for Happy Tree Friends.

If you've outgrown the humor, maybe you should stop spending your money on games and get a nice blanket to put over your lap whilst you sit by the fire and put your teeth in a glass. Stop smelling of TCP and get rid of the walking stick.

Happy Friday.

If you've outgrown the humor, maybe you should stop spending your money on games and get a nice blanket to put over your lap whilst you sit by the fire and put your teeth in a glass. Stop smelling of TCP and get rid of the walking stick.

Oh No She Didn't!

I was actually just re-listening to my Strong Bad Sings e-mail the other day. Yeah, everyone's past them now, but there is still some seriously funny stuff in there. I am thus optimistic about the new games.

Happy Friday.

To quote Metallus, "Cheer up, you sad fucks!". I'm not trying to insult anyone here, just voicing my opinion and honestly trying to put it in a way that's relatively unoffensive. "Outgrow" might not be the best word, but that's unintentional. I'm just telling you honestly that what "definitely made me lol" a few years ago doesn't now. It's not a maturity thing necessarily, just a personal observation. A little healthy and (I can't stress this enough) innocent criticism is good. Personally attacking people for their opinions is not.

I'd forgotten that a long time ago I subscribed to a Strong Bad Email video podcast. During Thursday's blizzard, I was stuck at a bus stop for an hour and a half and had about the perfect amount of Strong Bad on my ipod for that amount of time. I lol'd. A bunch.

Never really understood Homestar Runner, and the three trailers left me largely underwhelmed. I think I'm going to pass this one, even if that makes me a sad old fart. Not my cup of tee.

I'm looking forward to seeing what else will be coming to WiiWare.