Sign in to follow this  
BooJaka

RE0 Wii

That's kinda cool. I may pick it up, as long as it's priced decently and not like a new release. This is a pretty old game by now, so if it costs as much as a new Wii game, I'll just grab Battalion Wars or something instead.

"Following yesterday's news that a port of Biohazard 0 would be stumbling its way onto Wii, Capcom has noted that the game will likely never see the light of day outside of Japan.

Head-scratching ensued when Famitsu revealed that a remake of the underwhelming 2002 GameCube title was coming to Wii this summer. However, a Capcom Europe spokesperson today stated that, "We currently have no plans to bring the Wii version of Resident Evil 0 [...] to either US or Europe at this point in time. It will most likely be a Japan-only release."

Anyone saddened by the news would be advised to wipe away the tears and point their web browser in the direction of eBay, where copies of the Wii-compatible original are going for under five pounds." -- IGN

Ahh well. It was fun while it lasted

I don't simply get it, why don't you get the Gamecube version? That's what my friend is doing, borrowing the Gamecube remake of Resident Evil 1.

True story: Mrs V bought me a GameCube once when I was very ill and bed-bound with... something. She phoned me from the game shop as a surprise and asked me which game I'd like, to which I replied Resident Evil Zero, mistaking that for REmake (about which I'd gotten stupidly excited).

And what a disappointment it turned out to be. I thought Zero was crap myself. ;(

http://softrockhallelujah.blogspot.com/2008/03/wegman.html

TOKYO — March 4, 2008 Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today showcased Resident Evil®: Zombie Massage Parlor for the Wii™ home video game system from Nintendo at Tokyo Massage Expo 2008. The game will include a two-player co-op mode and support for the Wii Balance Board™ for even more intense massage action. Resident Evil® is the highest selling Capcom series with more than 30 million games sold worldwide. Rated M for Mature by the Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB), Resident Evil: Zombie Massage Parlor will be available on April 13 at a suggested retail price of $49.95.

“Resident Evil has become one of the premier franchises in the games industry, with more than 30 million RE games sold around the world,” said Jack Symon, director, product marketing, Capcom Entertainment. “The innovative controller functionality of the Wii will allow us to design innovative, original game play never before seen in a Resident Evil game. With Zombie Massage Parlor, we’re adapting Resident Evil to the innovations of the Wii.”

Resident Evil: Zombie Massage Parlor is a brand new game in the Resident Evil franchise, with familiar locales from the entire series, created specifically for the unique characteristics of the Wii console. This action/massage hybrid reveals the back story behind the fall of the Umbrella Corporation by exploring massage parlors from Resident Evil 0, 1, 2 and 3 as well as new never-before-seen massage parlors, such as Umbrella’s stronghold. Resident Evil: Zombie Massage Parlor combines first-person massaging with interactive pathways, multiple methods and new approaches to create an entirely new Resident Evil experience that could only be delivered on the Wii.

I wonder if it has a happy e... oh fuck it, no.

I've just remembered a colleague with a Wii gave me his old GameCube last week, so now I can finally play REmake -- splendid. :tup:

(Hi guys! I'm back from Turkey!)

Well, I'd be super-excited with an adventurey remake of some sorts of RE0. The old RE controls are a huge turn-off for me; I just can't get myself to play the REmake because of it. So any novel development would be excellent, but that's apparently not going to happen.