toblix

Wisdom Tooth: Removed

Just had my second wisdom tooth cut, torn and broken out of my mouth. Expect me to complain tomorrow when the pain sets in.

A colleague is having major problems with one of her wisdom teeth today... She was in tears with the pain (and that's after the pain killers) and her face is swollen. Luckily she's finally found a dentist that can take her in. ouch!

Yeah, they can be proper motherfuckers if you let them roam around in there unsupervised. The two I've had removed have both been growing slightly downwards toward the teeth in front of them, or rather their roots, all the while hidden beneath the surface. The first one had actually begun pushing against the other tooth's roots ever so slightly, making half my mouth feel numb.

The local anaesthesia I got today is so awesome I can't feel my right ear!

Sory to hear that Toblix. However, remember that playing video games has been proven to have a pankilling effect for the duration of play. I'm going to prescribe you some now. If anyone asks, it's medicinal.

one of mine is awesome. the other is growing at an angle and will need to be cut out at some point.

;(

So even though I don't feel your pain yet Toblix... I will soon.

;(

Most of my wisdom teeth have been nice, but one was growing under my other tooth and had to be removed through the gum. I didn't feel a thing because of the strong local anesthesia and only noticed my head moving back and forth as the dentist ripped the tooth out.

Started hurting a bit after a while though.

I seem to be one of the only people out there who hasn't had a shit time getting their wisdom teeth out. I was out drinking the night after I had them out, no adverse effects at all. All four gone, shattered and removed as they do. Took exactly one painkiller, and that's just because they made me down it before I left the office. I still have the rest of them sitting on my bathroom counter. Just in case I ever really need some codeine, I guess.

I've had one removed basically for kicks. They just yanked it out, no problem. Looked like a nice and friendly tooth. I'll let the rest of them stay, I doubt they'll cause any problems.

They just yanked it out, no problem.
Well, if they could just yank mine out I wouldn't even start a thread about it.

I was lucky enough not to have any problems with my wisdom teeth at all, I think perhaps my dentist preemptively pulled out some other teeth to make room for them, which I guess was easier since it was completely painless.

I think perhaps my dentist preemptively pulled out some other teeth to make room for them
Holy shit.

Hahah I kind of had the same thing. I had to have several teeth removed in preparation for having braces, on account of having an extra set of canines. Scary eh? You should have seen my brother, he used to have three rows of teeth!

I had mine removed a couple of months ago right before xmas. It was actually quite exciting seeing the surgeon use scissors to cut your gums while at the same time not feeling any pain.

I got three teeth pulled. The last one really hurt. It felt like stepping out of a rollercoaster ride without feeling excited but instead feeling physically depressed. Anyway, the next day I was fine, though.

Then the fun part comes, when you have holes in the back of your mouth where random food gets stuck, and you have to play a game with a toothpick to mine the gold out!

Hahah I kind of had the same thing. I had to have several teeth removed in preparation for having braces, on account of having an extra set of canines. Scary eh? You should have seen my brother, he used to have three rows of teeth!

Jesus Christ, Dan's family is made of sharks.

Then the fun part comes, when you have holes in the back of your mouth where random food gets stuck, and you have to play a game with a toothpick to mine the gold out!

I don't get this. Are the holes after pulling out the teeth instead of operating? Both my wisdom teeth have been operated out, and then the wound has been sutured, so there aren't any holes.

aargh, so many years since i've had that sensation. Like Dan, I had some teeth removed for braces, which pulled them forward to make room for my wisdom teeth.

I don't get this. Are the holes after pulling out the teeth instead of operating? Both my wisdom teeth have been operated out, and then the wound has been sutured, so there aren't any holes.

I had no suturing after having those molars removed, which was horrible. You have these soft mushy holes where your teeth used to be for a while, and spend an hour or so after every meal trying to clear them.

Aghhh fuckery fuck. fuck. Is that a public healthcare system thing? Do not want.

I guess it's probably down to how badly your gums are damaged by the procedure. If they're cutting your gums up with scissors, then I suppose they might close the holes up entirely. The ones I had pulled weren't wisdom teeth and came out cleanly though, so not much sense in stitching when the part that's bleeding is at the bottom of the hole.

So, overlooking that operating out wisdom teeth may damage some nerves, making you numb in the cheek and tounge, in the long run, operating them out is more awesome, because you don't have to spend the rest of your life picking rotten pieces of corn out of your mouth?

Not the rest of your life. The holes close up naturally and the adjacent teeth move in so there's not even a gap. It does feel weird for a week or two though.