Sign in to follow this  
Wrestlevania

Off-Road Velociraptor Safari

last_orb.jpg

My last orb. The stupid one off the ramp floating way up in the air. Can't get it :frusty: And it pisses me off that everytime I hit the ramp it pulls the car hard to the right so I have to hit it from these weird angles.

My last orb. The stupid one off the ramp floating way up in the air.

What the fuck? That was my 99th! I've played 20 sessions now just looking for that last one. Are there any stupidly hidden orbs? I've gotten some that were placed on hard-to-reach ledges and stuff, but I've started thinking you have to find an inivible "door" in the barrier or something. Guess I'll have to drive around the valley some more.

What the fuck? That was my 99th! I've played 20 sessions now just looking for that last one. Are there any stupidly hidden orbs? I've gotten some that were placed on hard-to-reach ledges and stuff, but I've started thinking you have to find an inivible "door" in the barrier or something. Guess I'll have to drive around the valley some more.

The only one that comes to mind is the one up on the hill near the egg. Going through the valley there it's right up on the right side (past the egg). Like, right up high near the barrier. I just found it by dumb luck.

1,567,200 Yeah!

Cool about the egg! I think that must be where the last one is... even thought I've searched around there many times before, I don't recall seeing one, though. Keep persevering with the one at the end of the ramp... you WILL get it eventually. Just find a quick route back round again (there's a hill you can boost up to get back near the ramp rather quickly) and keep jumping/boosting the ramp. My only tip would be to choose left or right, rather than trying to get up the middle. Also, it's pretty random luck which way the car reacts, I think.

For anyone who's interested in my score: It seems you get 2x multiplier if you throw or push the raptors into the transporter. I did this by driving up to them and then unhooking the mace at the last minute (or further back for more of score), and then having a few ready to push in. I got 800,000+ just from doing that at two different transporters!

post-94-13375603023111_thumb.jpg

The only one that comes to mind is the one up on the hill near the egg. Going through the valley there it's right up on the right side (past the egg). Like, right up high near the barrier. I just found it by dumb luck.

I've looked and looked and I couldn't find one past the egg at all. There was nothing up there. We're talking about the egg on THAT ledge in THAT valley, right?

Rats :(

I've looked and looked and I couldn't find one past the egg at all. There was nothing up there. We're talking about the egg on THAT ledge in THAT valley, right?

Rats :(

This one. You can see the egg in the distance.

post-223-13375603023676_thumb.jpg

Errr... just got the Take Flight, Brave Raptors achievement through a glitch :shifty:

If you manage to get a raptor to land on your car and stay there (it's only ever happened to me twice) DON'T MOVE! Just stay put. The raptor is technically still flying until it hits the ground. Wait for 30 seconds (or a minute or so for a maximum of 500,000 points) and drive off a cliff or a ramp or something to throw the thing off... it will finally land after its flight giving you the achievement.

The best I've managed to get in terms of legitimately trying is 20 seconds. It seems that going to the BIG canyon, at the entrance where the egg inside it is on your right, and repeatedly driving up the steep opening, boosting and releasing, is a good way to get 3+ seconds every time (sometimes 5+ if it bounces off the canyon wall). The extra sweetner is that because the raptor will land near you, you can quickly grab it, drive round and fling it again (over and over).

The best I've managed to get in terms of legitimately trying is 20 seconds. It seems that going to the BIG canyon, at the entrance where the egg inside it is on your right, and repeatedly driving up the steep opening, boosting and releasing, is a good way to get 3+ seconds every time (sometimes 5+ if it bounces off the canyon wall). The extra sweetner is that because the raptor will land near you, you can quickly grab it, drive round and fling it again (over and over).

I managed to do it doing pretty much that. Just snag two raptors, find an area with some nice jumps and fly, release, pick them up again and repeat. I think I was at about 35 seconds total doing it.

superamazing.jpg

I don't know if I'm allowed to say why, but I met the developer of this today and can confirm that Jetpack Brontosaurus is going to be

1. Done soon (Off Road Velociraptor Safari was done in 8 weeks).

2. Awesomely entertaining. A certain gimmick that has become passé for humans will suddenly be good again :)

It seems Flashbang are a good bunch of guys, who worked very hard for large games companies, eventually thought "Fuck this!", then moved to Arizona to set up Flashbang and develop whatever they liked. They also regularly go mountain unicycling as a company.

Wow, that's pretty cool. I've gotten email replies and they do seem pretty decent guys. Nice one meeting them! Hopefully they find a way to turn their passion into cash, so we can keep enjoying these things :tup:

Maybe? I don't know.

(The thing I wasn't sure if I could talk about publicly before: brontosaurus ragdolls :))

I have no idea what that is but it looks hilarious. I hope that isn't just some kind of programming blooper reel but is actually how these brontos will walk in-game. :shifty:

Top Tip: To do a "two-wheeler", go in a straight line until your speed goes one notch above 50. Then, still holding down the accelerator, turn hard. You should start doing a wheelie. (If not then you either didn't hold left or right long enough, or you weren't going fast enough.)

To hold the wheelie, use the accelerator and the button you turned with (no need to use the other direction button). If you're going to fall into your side, ease off the accelerator. If you're going to land flat (ie. go to back to four wheels) tap the turn button.

That's it!

It's all about finding a balance between the turn and the accelerator, and tapping each to maintain your wheelie.

Best so far... 7 seconds!

That looks suitable mental.

Why stop at brontosaurus ragdolls with jetpacks? Why not add X-ray visual effe cts and dreamscapes!

That looks ridiculously awesome. Any time frame for when we'll be able to play it yet?