Sign in to follow this  
Salka

It's (technically) Christmas Eve!!!!

!!!!!!!!!

WHAT'S MY PREZANT SPAFF CAN I HAVE IT NOW. IT'S TRADITIONNNNN. Remember our tradition? Can I have a tradition now? Can we do the tradition now please? We have to do the tradition before it's too late... please let's go and tradition? We have to tradition ASAP because it's traditional to do so. I love the tradition. Can we perform the tradition now?

Oh man who else is excited about presents? I'm excited about presents. Bring on the presents, I say.

Still 4 in the morning on the 24th here. And I have to try and pick something up tomorrow afternoon. Ugh.

Interesting imagery. Anyway, it's now fifteen minutes to Christmas for me, so happy whatever everybody.

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL :) :) :)

I got a real Espresso maker, not some kind of fake Espresso maker, this thing is the real deal (I could barely sleep last night because of jitters from an Espresso overdose). I also got: some mittens, some pencils, pyjamas, all three Dexter books and more bits and pieces also.

Now I am faced with a predicament... do I read the third Dexter book, and ruin the third season for myself??? Or do I watch the third season first and then read the book afterwards? I'm quite enjoying reading the first book after watching the first season... it's almost exactly the same, scene for scene, but because it's told entirely from Dexter's POV, it's like you get to revisit scenes you already saw from the series but while hearing all of Dexter's thoughts on everything that's going on around him... Oooh I don't know what to doooo....

I'd watch the series first, if you can wait that long. I will have to borrow the first book off you when you're done (BTW this doesn't mean you can ignore the Earthsea series that I lent you. You are honour-bound to read those immediately).

I got mostly useful things that I haven't been able to afford myself: an new electric razor, a monstrous electric toothbrush, clothing. But Nick did get me The Sandman: Preludes and Noctournes, which is fantastic.Someone also got me Wizard's First Rule. I don't know anything about it really and haven't read any Terry Goodkind before. I shall post a verdict when I've read it.

When you come over later, I will let you read a page of my Dexter, and I will make you an Espresso but only one, because I need the rest for myself.

Well, just like last year, there were no presents for our family except for the small token ones I bought for everyone. Some candles. It was nice enough, but next year I want presents again!

Enjoy all of yours :tup:

I wasn't planning on celebrating xmas much because my family is abroad. I didn't mind this at all, I was actually looking forward to a low-key Christmas this once... but then I got the flu (or a cold? I'm not sure) and that ruined everything. :shifty: I don't have the energy to do anything but watch videos all day, and my head hurts every time I move. :violin: :violin: :violin:

On the plus side, I discovered that when you drag text from anywhere onto the desktop in OS X, it creates a new text file with the text in it! That brand new fact kept me occupied for several minutes. The best part is that I'll now be able to start the new year with a slightly more efficient workflow, and isn't that ultimately what Christmas is all about?

I'm actually fine though! Merry xmas everyone! :tup:

I lost a great deal of my Christmas due to a large consumption of Jim Beam. I remember vaguely agreeing to go and see Aliens Vs Predator: Requiem... Not sure I saw it though, or what happened next. So either the film was so good I blotted it out of mind or I was so blotted that I don't remember it. Or I didn't see it at all, or it was rubbish and I drank more to forget it.

Boxing day was a return to work and hangovers.

No presents as I was away on business and didn't know anyone.

The second season of Dexter wasn't based on the second book, so I don't know if the third season will be either.

The second season of Dexter wasn't based on the second book, so I don't know if the third season will be either.

That would be awesome because it'll mean I get two bonus seasons of Dexter while waiting for the third TV season! :)

The second season diverges massively from the plot of the second book, so it would be weird and difficult for them to bring it back in.

I would normally find this to be a cause for concern, but the second season of Dexter was superb, so I have great faith in the TV team.

(note: I have not read the Dexter books, the above is second hand information)

I empathize, Marek. I too got struck with quite a severe case of the lurgi. (If you don't know what that is, find some of Peter Sellers' early work.) Bad enough that I passed out during Christmas dinner with the family. Whee! Went to bed for real around 9:30 and woke up only a little bit late for work the next day. The day leading up to that was nice enough though, what with family and fun stupid gifts (my mom's boyfriend got me one of those shirts that has an equalizer on it. Great for when playing Rock Band.) to play around with.

Boxing day was actually far better, because on getting off work I went for sushi with the girl, we went to see Juno (pretty good, but tries waaaay too hard to be indie. Do we really need a Sonic Youth reference every other scene?) and then did a private gift swap between the two of us. Very nice night. Now I'm home from another day of work and hitting the sack before going for tea tomorrow with a friend who just had a first date with someone she met through me and getting a debriefing on this potential hooking up of two good friends of mine. Despite the lurgi, it's been a very nice holiday.