Salka

Brutal Legend magazine scans

Oh, well at least it has it's own thread now.

Man even my mum and sisters are stoked about this game. I hope that when I have children in years to come, Double Fine will still be around to make awesome games for them to play.

Yay! Looks great!

No mention of Jack Black in the article, though... maybe he's no longer/never was involved?

Edit: Looks like in my bid not to spoil too much for myself, I missed the bit on the last page where it says that Jack Black is involved... along with Lemmy from Motorhead. Lol!

it's holy crap!

I mean, holy crap, it's wow.

I mean, wow, it's holy crap.

i, i just, wow.

Leaked video from the doublefine forums: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjW4vWrLizQ

It's sort of ironic how the background song is "Mob Rules" when from what I've seen Sierra is trying to market it to the lowest common denominator and it seems like its trying hard to be seen as "xtreme". Again, if this was anyone else but Double Fine making it, I'd be completely skeptical. I'm confident in Tim's ability to deliver an entertaining game, so hopefully this advertising campaign gets more people interested, and it doesn't implode for trying *too* hard to appeal to the gaming brutes.

Yeah. It's only double fine that stops me from thinking it's going to be lame.

As it is, I still think it's a bit cheesy, but the exaggerated violence looks hilarious.

At least there is going to be high quantities of blood.

Trailer wasn't too great, but the visual execution was pretty impressive. Except for that metallic Double Fine logo. It was awful.

I love the idea of bringing heavy metal album covers to life, so I'm not too worried at this point. The X-treme-ness is no doubt tongue-in-cheek, even if sierra themselves don't realise it.

It's a heavy metal comedy/parody. I can't imagine it not being extreme. I used to listen to heavy metal a lot as a kid (only a few bands actually, mostly Manowar). So far this game seems frighteningly close to what I've imagined a heavy metal themed game would be like.

I don't get the "lowest common denominator" comments.. Tim's had this Heavy Metal idea in his head for a long time, well.. at least the name.. and the concept of the game is original, awesome and hilarious. And when you think about this concept it's not exactly executable without action, blood and huge, weird demon-things. I mean it's a Heavy Metal game..

So, where exactly does Sierra come in and wreck things for the "lowest common denominator"?

EDIT: What Erkki said..

I was referring to the focus of the advertising campaign, not the game itself. As in, it seems at least to be easier to market.

All I can say is, they better be selling merchandise for this on the DFAS before the game comes out (inevitably some time in 2010...) because my wallet is already bursting for a Brütal Legend poster or something.

I was referring to the focus of the advertising campaign, not the game itself. As in, it seems at least to be easier to market.

Ok. It's probably easier to market, but I don't think Sierra made this trailer "xtreme", as you implied. When I read about the game, this is exactly what I picture.

Seemed like a good trailer to me. I liked it! The only bad bit was the design of the monster with a deep voice... He could have look more like Rock N' Roll Satan, if you ask me. Otherwise, looks cool! :tup:

The design of that monster... awesome!

I must play this game NOW! That was an awesome cinematic. Hopefully the gameplay will play much the same as that trailer. /exploded brain :tup:

Haha, yeah I absolutely love the design of that big mouth head. I love the jittery animation too; at first I thought they'd done stop motion on some actually-made model.

The body did seem a bit bare though and would have benefited from some leather. :tup:

Also, I suspect the two .com domains (brutal-legend.com and brutallegend.com) are in fact owned by bastards and not anyone affiliated with the game going off the whois records, although one seems to have been registered to another game developer back in 2005.

Great trailer.

The awesomeness of the band contributions is incontrovertible, but I hope there's still room for a Peter McConnell score a la Full Throttle.

Oh, I think Peter McConnell is going to have a ball with this game. I think they'll use the famous heavy metal stuff only for key moments; otherwise it'll get pretty tiring to hear music all the time that isn't geared towards the flow of gameplay.

That said; lookin' forward mightily to some multi-skullbashings to the sound of blasting guitar riffs :tup: :tup:

I liked the head design of that big mouth thing, but, in my opinion, the body should have been a lot thinner so that he would look more.. (I don't know if this is the best term to use) impish. Now it looks like the rest of the body came from a fat man who doesn't know how to use solarium, and it freaks me out a bit.

Also, I suspect the two .com domains (brutal-legend.com and brutallegend.com) are in fact owned by bastards and not anyone affiliated with the game going off the whois records, although one seems to have been registered to another game developer back in 2005.

Brutallegend.com is DF-owned (Caroline Esmurdoc listed in the whois is the producer of the game).