BooJaka

Manhunt 2 - From AO to AOK

Yep, an apparently reworked version of Manhunt 2 has scored an M classification and is coming to America for Halloween. Predictably, no word on a European release but, you know, maybe.

Also, nothing's been said about any cuts or changes to the game but I guess some of this is news, right?

617199558_f3c33d3efb.jpg

At least they don't have to worry about advertising the game that much anymore.

I'll be honest: this pleases me. Though I fear just how much content Rockstar have had to chop out of the original design.

Fingers crossed there'll be some sort of in-depth interview about this somewhere online.

Europe might still get the uncut version.

UK is a different story

Riiight...

I can really see the Germans welcoming Manhunt 2 - in any form - with open arms. And they won't be the only ones.

Germany will never get manhunt 2, so I left that out of the equation

No official word but The Netherlands could get the original version.

Really though, I don't think they should split the versions between countries. In my mind they should just make one version for the entire console-playing world. If the unedited version does come out though with English speech/text in it then I will definitely be importing it when the time comes.

Maybe don't use the word "Europe" then.

Germany is always an exception when it comes to games, so I think it's taken for granted when talking about Europe.

No official word but The Netherlands could get the original version.

Legally they (government) can't do shit. Got to love the restriction on censorship. The only reason you can't get a copy of the Dutch translations of Mein Kampf is that the government stole the copyright and refuses to do reprints. But in 2017 (or something) it will be public domain and everybody can read the incoherent rants of Hitler. Anyway...

No legal grounds to ban games/movies/books/... unless a new law is created to allows stuff like that.

Nah, nobody is getting the original version. Remember that Microsoft and Nintendo won't allow AO games on their consoles. So Take2 can't even legally manufacture the discs, let alone distribute them.

SiN

It's not an AO game. It's rated 18+ in Europe (without UK and Germany).

It's not an AO game. It's rated 18+ in Europe (without UK and Germany).

But it is an AO game. That's the ESRB rating, it doesn't matter what Europe rated the game. If a game is rated AO by ESRB it doesn't get approved for consoles worldwide, not just in the States.

SiN

what version of Fahrenheit was released on the PS2 and XBox in europe? The European version? or the USA version?

But it is an AO game. That's the ESRB rating, it doesn't matter what Europe rated the game. If a game is rated AO by ESRB it doesn't get approved for consoles worldwide, not just in the States.

SiN

That's ridiculous. The comment that "we don't release AO games on our console" was made by SCEA, Microsoft America and NoA, and as such only applies to the regions where they are relevant. Also a system as you describe wouldn't work if a game were to be released anywhere but the states first.

AO means 18 years and older, by the way, so it corresponds with 18+. The only difference is that European stores aren't such cowards.

It's because America in general is constantly Thinking of the Children. If they would just stop thinking of the children there might be a lot more important art coming out of the US.

And, Freud would say, less violence on the streets through wish fulfillment in video games.

That theory is highly debatable though

AO means 18 years and older, by the way, so it corresponds with 18+. The only difference is that European stores aren't such cowards.

Not really.

http://www.pegi.info/en/index/global_id/23/?searchString=&agecategories=18&genre=&organisations=&platforms=&countries=&submit=Search

347 listed games, including:

BioShock

The Darkness

The Godfather

Resident Evil 4

Rag Doll Kung Fu

Quake 4

Prey

Gears of War

Grand Theft Auto *

And, Freud would say, less violence on the streets through wish fulfillment in video games.

That theory is highly debatable though

I always thought the claims that people can vent their aggression through violent video games sounds like bullshit.

I always thought the claims that people can vent their aggression through violent video games sounds like bullshit.

I'd punch you for saying that, but I'll simply challenge you to a game of counter-strike instead