Sign in to follow this  
Spaff

We need an intern at work (NCsoft Europe)

http://eu.plaync.com/eu/jobs/detail/intern_creative_concepts/

Are you looking for a career in games? Looking for that first foot in the door? Here's a chance to see inside NCsoft Europe and to gain valuable work experience as part of the recently formed Creative Concepts team. Responsible for a variety of unique projects, working in Creative Concepts means no two days are alike. You'll be an integral part of the team and will help with all the projects we'll take on. You'll be expected to think on your feet, operate on your own, and contribute ideas. When you're not busy with all that, you'll be able to learn more about the games industry, online games publishing, and NCsoft itself.

Sound like a plan? Here's what we need: you'll be over 18, and must be in commuting distance of NCsoft's offices in Brighton. You'll need to available for at least three days a week of full time work (or the equivalent number of hours). You may also be required to work at shows NCsoft attends, on occasional weekends. Specific qualifications aren't too important - but you will need massive amounts of enthusiasm, great ideas, huge self confidence, excellent organisational skills and the drive to get things done. You must be proficient with Web 2.0, Office and experience of video blogging, podcasts and social networks would be an advantage.

I thought someone here might be interested, or have a little bro / sis that might be. It would be working with me, oh the excitement! :) Our previous intern got hired after a few months into a real position, so it could be good for that depending on other positions becoming available.

Be warned though the ‘pay’ is *low*, so you'd definitely have to be close to Brighton already really. I know most of you have jobs and or are in another country, but I thought I’d share it anyway, just in case :)

You know, that really sounds awesome. If you had posted this two years ago when I had to do an internship, I would've seriously considered it. My intern days are over though, but I do know some game design students over at the HKU. Some of them mayn't mind coming over to Brighton. Some of them mayn't even mind working with Spazz Nightingale.

You must be proficient with Web 2.0

:erm:

haven't you guys upgraded to 3.0? or at least installed the 2.1 security fix?