toblix

Eastern European Games

What is it about all Estern European games? Why do they all share the same... feeling of rubbishness? It's like they're all using the same art guys and same not especially good programmers. They always have these really bad user interfaces and nothing is polished. Nothing. I just installed Stalker, but I'm so fucking tired of these half-assed pieces of shit, I uninstalled it the moment it crashed, which it did almost at once. Even Oracle of fucking Ages has more layers of polish than Stalker.

Anyway, at least this wasn't a post about Stalker being fun and then suddenly terribly difficult.

Serious Sam FE and SE weren't that bad (Serious Sam 2 sucked tho), Tetris didn't suck either.

So besides those and stalker, what other eastern European games are there?

They don't have the same budgets or developed industry.

Pathologic?

omg.. that game was released in 2005!?

I must be luckiest guy in the world, because Stalker only crashed on me maybe 3 times. Which is better than most games manage.

But I do know what you mean with the lack of polish. Some games are just fairly crap, but every now and then you'll get one that tries something new or different and gets it right enough to be enjoyable.

I just wish I could think of some examples off the top of my head.

Penumbra sounds good to me and is receiving a respectable amount of (favourable) coverage.

And whilst STALKER is - unsurprisingly - not perfect, it's a commercial success. Did you patch it before you played it though?

I don't understand the cause for hate. Mind you, it is a toblix post... :shifty:

I don't understand the cause for hate. Mind you, it is a toblix post... :shifty:

Hey, the reason I only post about stuff that annoys me is that if I like a game I'd rather spend my time playing that game than posting about it on some stupid forum.

Hey, the reason I only post about stuff that annoys me is that if I like a game I'd rather spend my time playing that game than posting about it on some stupid forum.

Whoa whoa whoa, wait a minute, you mean there are games that you like??

Soldat is a fun "Eastern European game", and while it might not be as polished as other titles, it certainly is plenty Polish. :getmecoat

Just as Polish as The Witcher with all its polish.