Sign in to follow this  
Spaff

Pokémon Diamond / Pearl

Is anyone gonna be playing these?

I ordered copies from ebay for me and Rusalka.. should turn up one day... maybe.

POKEMANS :D

I remember when I first started using the internet and I used to talk to this guy on AIM called "Pokéman11".

He liked Pokemon a lot.

omfgomfgomfgomfgomfgomfg I think I'm going to start off with Turtwig because he's a bit shit at first but he evolves into a MASSIVE FUCKING ISLAND WITH TREES ON IT.

Mind you Piplup is cute and evolves into an awesome emperor BEAST.

I ALSO WANT A LEAFEON and a fucking cool MAMOSWINE

and a pikachu

So, these games seem to me like pieces of shit.

But... I don't know anything about them. What are they, RPGs?

I'm going to be getting Pearl, because it has Usohachi, which is a little treedude that steals food and always lies and sweats. Pretty neat. Also, Diamond has a pokemon HORSE on the cover, which is just plain wrong.

dpmfsb438.png

So, these games seem to me like pieces of shit.

But... I don't know anything about them.

You do intend to lighten up one day, don't you? I mean, FFS... I have to ask myself why you even bother switching any console on at all some times. Makes me feel kind of sorry for you, toblix, because I don't think you're giving many games a fighting chance. Games like...

Pokémon. It's a wierd game in that it brings out the obsessive-compulsive cleptomaniac in pretty much everyone. It's not something you can easily describe, because Pokémon is something you need to sit down and sink time into. A lot of time in fact, before it finally "clicks". And when it does finally click, I defy anyone not to obsess about the game.

I've not fiddled with any Pokemans since Blue on the original Game Boy years ago, but I played that one for hours upon hours. So I managed to kick the habit for a fair old while, but I might have gone for Pearl now if I still had my DS.

Edit: I got me Pokemans in a tangle.

Waiting for my copy to arrive tomorrow. I want to burn through the game so I can bring Meowth over. It'll all be fine when Meowth is there. He was the brains behind Team Rocket, you know. What is it now, Team Galactic? The next one will probably be Team Astrological or something.

Man, I remember when it was just 151 - good times, good times. Although, I have been playing Ruby again in anticipation - I caught Latias because I discovered that I had an Eon Ticket this whole time and didn't actually use it, and then I discovered that I hadn't caught Rayquaauazuzuaa or however you spell it, so I did that tonight. I'll probably never find Latios though - hooray for stupid running around the entire game world hoping that you'll run into one Pokémon by chance which runs away as soon as you see it! I do have a Master Ball in case that actually happens though, so yay.

I don't know anything about the new Pokémon, all I know is that if you have a female Wobbuffet, it puts on lipstick now. Which automatically makes this game awesome.

Edit: I have just re-read this post and realised that it's complete and utter gobbledygook. "blah blah blah Meowth blah blah blah Team Galactic blah blah blah Eon Ticket blah blah blah Latios blah blah blah..."

Aussie Ben, your edit beat me to it. Now I know how I must sound like to non-gamers :P

It's not something you can easily describe, because Pokémon is something you need to sit down and sink time into.A lot of time in fact, before it finally "clicks". And when it does finally click, I defy anyone not to obsess about the game.

Heh, I find this definition of a good game pretty disturbing...

This thread feels like a school playground. It scares me.

What the.. there's one called shroomish? dpmfsb285.png

That's... not right...

What the.. there's one called shroomish?

That's... not right...

For whatever reason, I find Munchlax to be even wronger...

munchlaxav2.png

...but, fuck! Just flicking through the official website makes me really want to play this game!

Okay, the website tells me nothing. Is a platformer, or an RPG, or like a card battling game or what? Does it have a linear story? Can you jump?

Okay, the website tells me nothing. Is a platformer, or an RPG, or like a card battling game or what? Does it have a linear story? Can you jump?

No, kind of, no, sort of, sort of.

No, kind of, no, sort of, sort of.

It sounds like exactly my sort of game!

By the way, does anyone know when Braid's coming out?

I haven't played any kind of Pokemon since I was 10 years old and Blue was the hot new shit. I obsessed, HARD, and I believe it was the second game I ever actually completed. Unfortunately, I didn't know anyone with Red, so I got all the pokemon possible in my copy but couldn't trade for the rest of the 151. My pokedex always looked so sad to me.

Sadly, all this talk is kinda making me want to get back into it. That frightens me a tad, as I really don't have the time to obsess right now. Stay strong, Miffy. Stay strong...

Toblix, did you never play Pokemon when it was all the rage, what, eight years ago?

It's basically an RPG (old school, top-down, tiled backgrounds, turn-based combat, etc.) where you get to capture/pick your party members yourself. And every monster in the world is a possible party member. And your player character can't fight.

Toblix, did you never play Pokemon when it was all the rage, what, eight years ago?

No. So, what is it?

It's basically an RPG (old school, top-down, tiled backgrounds, turn-based combat, etc.) where you get to capture/pick your party members yourself. And every monster in the world is a possible party member. And your player character can't fight.

That sounds almost... interesting. But also potentially tedious. So, is it like you start with one monster, and you have to defeat the others to catch them? And they have strengths and weaknesses also? Like "to catch Framelu, you have to use Icelu! And to catch Icelu you have to use Knifelu!" and so on?

You don't have to use any particular pokemon to catch another, you just have to weaken the target so it doesn't resist when you throw a pokeball at it.

But yeah there is a fairly complex rock-paper-scissors type relationship with the types of pokemon in the game in general.

Regigigas [...] can only be found if the player has brought Regirock, Regice, and Registeel (transferred from Pal Park) to the Snowpoint Temple, after the player has defeated the Sinnoh Elite Four and obtained the National Pokédex.

... standing on one foot, with the screen shot down while hysterically laughing PR people from Nintendo throw green marshmallow at you.

I really don't mean to be rude, it's just that everytime I try to get into this kind of game, I find that I have 0 interest in titles that deliver pleasure and satisfaction only to those strong enough to endure endless hour of statistic-driven gameplays enhanced with win condition that were designed by lunatics. On one hand, I'd like to understand your enthusiasm, but I on another wouldn't want to enjoy looking forward to spending a significant part of my life in the Pokemon universe which - from the little knowledge I gathered from stumbling upon the anime a dozen times- is really shite and irritating.

I used to love watching the anime, when Ash would take extended painful shits after being constipated for three weeks, whilst Pikachu got slapped around a bit, then Pikachu would recover from the brink of pokédeath and then they'd hike to another city, oh and Team Rocket would blast off at the speed of light, it was really really awesome or maybe just really shit, I can't remember.

I've seen almost a full episode, so I think I'm entitled to say that a show with perhaps 10 frames of animation per episode is an achievement for all to marvel at.

The only reason to continue watching the early episodes of the Anime was to see what wacky camp antics Team Rocket would get up to next. By the time that Orange League rolled around, it wasn't worth following for that anymore. Battle Aboard the St. Anne remains my favourite episode, with the classic line:

"Suck them up! Suck them up! Suck them ALL up!"

And Jessie and James dressing up as schoolgirls, giving Ash and co. free tickets aboard the St. Anne, which, of course, is one big trap. And all James says is "CoooOOOOOLLLL!"

Oh, and James using the advance on his and Jessie's salary to purchase a gold plated Poké Ball which contains a worthless Magikarp, along with a fish tank, feed kit and other useless junk.

Truly, the pinnacle of comic genius. :tup: