Sign in to follow this  
Salka

Tim Schafer

Sometimes I lock myself in the bathroom and cry until I have no tears left, because I know I will never be as good or funny or talented as Tim Schafer.

:'(

Uhm, I'm sure you have other talents, like maybe knitting or cooking. You can lead a fulfilling life based on those talents and become as happy as Tim Schafer might be.

Offtopic but related: is doublefines next game set in space? The DFAN-header hints as does this interview. Something about 'broader physical space' and a whole world as a character itself.

SPACE!!! Goddamnit why couldn't I think of something like that :'(

I don't think it's related to space : the last banner was with a model car on an explosion... Schafer also stated that he was researching a lot in mythology and in the teaser picture he made - a shot of his monitor displaying a script for the new game that people manage to analyze as a repetition of two 'this is seeeecret' sentences - contained a book that apparently talked about plant evolution or something.

Heh, it's been a long time since DoubleFine was brought up in a discussion that didn't involve genetic experiment...

I know I will never be as good or funny or talented as Tim Schafer.

Forgive my ignorance but what's drawn you to that conclusion, specifically?

Right, I mean the catalyst for posting that sentiment in here. Which would appear to be seemingly out of the blue to my uninformed mind.

Speaking in plain English: has Tim just revealed a whizzy new project or something?

Sometimes I just get reminded how much better than me he is, that's all.

Any guesses as to what platform Tim is prepping his new game for? Or how long until we'll get an announcement?

My memory is a little hazy but I think back at GDC Tim Schafer made a passing comment about an announcement not being too far off.

Umm, yeah, that information is not very helpful.

Sometimes I just get reminded how much better than me he is, that's all.

I have an image in my head of Spaff telling you "Remember, Tim Shaef0r is much better than you."

At writing and at humour, and he's handsomer, and he has a better eye for design and is smarter and softer and stronger and warmer and sort of better in most ways including: being a hero.

Sometimes I lock myself in the bathroom and cry until I have no tears left, because I know I will never be as good as James Spafford :'(

But while you're locked in the bathroom, doesn't it just depress you more when you look in the mirror and see that the reflection is not Mr. Schafer?

Or Spafford.

Wait, and think about this: Neither Tim nor James have boobs.

Well, maybe Tim does.

Are you suggesting that Yufster's first step towards her personal perfection would be to have a sex change operation?

I'm not suggesting anything. I'm merely hinting, nudging... suggesting, if you will.

Uhm, I'm sure you have other talents, like maybe knitting or cooking.
Or: taking care: of b4b13s? :tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

;(

Sometimes I lock myself in the bathroom and cry until I have no tears left, because I know I will never be as good or funny or talented as Tim Schafer.

:'(

Where do u do this? Your bathroom has no lock on the door.

It does, I've just never showed you because I know you like people walking in on you while you have your cock out.