Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Hi everybody. Like most of the new sign-ups I'm a long-time listener finally spurred into joining the forums by the recent Kickstarter email. Delighted that the podcast is on the way back along with all the new exciting developments like the book podcast.

On that note, has there been any indication of when the deadline for reading the first book is likely to be?

It's a while off yet, I'd say at least 6 weeks. But it's a short book, you can finish it in a couple sessions.

It's a while off yet, I'd say at least 6 weeks. But it's a short book, you can finish it in a couple sessions.

Okay, cool. Thanks for that.

Hellooooooo Thumbs!

As is probably going to be the case with a bunch of people, I was lured into finally joining the forums with the promise of exculsives thanks to the Kickstarter pre-order. Sweet.

I run/write for Arcadian Rhythms and have been known to also play video games. Am currently having all of the original Idle Thumbs casts streamed into my face. Thanks for that guys; I am now giggling uncontrollably on public transport.

Hi, I'm another long-time reader. Been meaning to sign up for some time, but the Kickstarter finally gave me that kick in the butt.

I'm a (somewhat retired) game journalist - most of my work was as an editor on 4 color rebellion and a news writer stint for The Escapist. These days, I'm neck deep in work on a Computer Science PhD. Yay.

Hello Thumbs!

I registered here a few years ago, but it doesn't look like I ever posted. I'm Tim and I've been a fan for a long time. I've been married two years, have a newly-born daughter, starting work in a completely different field than before, and I'm starting grad school this summer. Maybe I'll get to squeeze some video games in there.

Oh yes, and I also hope to finally getting around to posting more 'round these parts.

Hi, I'm another long-time reader. Been meaning to sign up for some time, but the Kickstarter finally gave me that kick in the butt.

I'm a (somewhat retired) game journalist - most of my work was as an editor on 4 color rebellion and a news writer stint for The Escapist. These days, I'm neck deep in work on a Computer Science PhD. Yay.

Hey Greg! It's Tim-E from NeoGAF/@timwiley on Twitter.

Hello Thumbs!

Hey Greg! It's Tim-E from NeoGAF/@timwiley on Twitter.

Hey! I'm somehow not surprised to see you here. :D You keep popping up in the GAF Idle Thumbs Kickstarter thread.

Whoa, lots of new people as of late! Welcome welcome!

Special note to Tim-E: congrats on the newborn!

Hi,

the promise of a ultra secret phaedrus forum finally lured me into registering. love the pod

wiza- nevermind

Hi,

the promise of a ultra secret phaedrus forum finally lured me into registering. love the pod

wiza- nevermind

Burn the witch!

Man, our little community is expanding rapidly. Welcome all.

Hey dudes.

I, err, have actually been reading Thumbs since the original site (via Chris's announcement post on the AGS forums, years ago). I had another account back then and actually posted here a fair bit! Then I left the forums for a long time. When the podcast started I created this account but never really used it. Lately I've been lurking, and now (predictably) I've signed in again for Phaedrus, but I might actually say something occasionally too.

Hi,

my username is FSFunky and my real name is Jeffry. I design interactions for a living and I like video games, movies, music, books and fun.

I found out about Idle Thumbs just after the podcast died (I don't know how I ended up on this site with a 2005 registration date, honestly) and was super glad to see the Kickstarter.

I'm usually more of a lurker than a poster, so I'll be around.

Hey all, whatup. Been listening since the first episode and am still here! I registered a while ago but never posted I guess... and then I forgot.

I'd like to consider myself an independent developer, but since I've yet to actually release anything worthy let's just say I'm a hobbyist. I make small games for fun, along with music, videos and art. Deus Ex is the best game ever.

I was to bring gifts but well, it'll be a bit until the gifts are ready. I'll let Phaedrus know about the progress though, so keep checking!

Hello everyone another long time listener who finally decided to sign-up thanks to the kickstarter. Looking forward to more idle thumbs.

Hello other new people! I'm impressed, loads more new people since I posted upthread and I only joined this time yesterday.

Whoa, lots of new people as of late! Welcome welcome!

Special note to Tim-E: congrats on the newborn!

Thanks! :D

Heylo all, first time poster! I apparently registered here long ago. I may have blacked out after doing so.

Long time reader of Idle Thumbs and listener of Three Moves Ahead.

I make video games. They are mostly for very young children ( monkey preschool if you happen to be a 3 year old). My own gaming tastes runs on the masochist side of things ( SC2 multiplayer, Dark Souls, hopefully soon to be hardcore Diablo 3 player).

Hello thumbs! I'm new to the forum, but I've met a bunch of you in person at GDC and know Chris well from his time in Boston. We miss you Chris!

Hello thumbs! I'm new to the forum, but I've met a bunch of you in person at GDC and know Chris well from his time in Boston. We miss you Chris!

I miss you guys as well! Welcome to the forum!

Holy crap new new people!!

Welcome all and I hope that we can bring back solid MP games too!

Wrestle, Miffy, 'blix, THink it's time to try Forza again?

Long time reader of Idle Thumbs and lurker of these forums. The kickstarter finally got me to make an account. So, uh. Hi!

Hello all. I've been a long time admirer of the Idle Thumbs podcast and it's community. The Kickstarter campaign finally got me to make a forum account, so this place better be good!

Wizard.