miffy495

Navarro lashes out

Their pick for "Worst Trend" was pretty damn lame. They had some good nominations this year, but appear to have simply gone for the option least likely to piss anyone off.

For those too lazy to find the page:

Release-Day Shortages (Games, Consoles, Accessories) won, beating out Bad Console-to-PC Ports, Patching Console Games, Paying for Unlocks/Micropayments and PS2-to-PSP Hand-Me-Downs.

Yeah, I was outraged! (well, as much as you can be with an online internet award show). I checked through all the categories, but ended up just scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking on the "And the winner is" thing. Saved me the trouble of watching the Gamespot people justify their poor choices.

I mean, really. CONSOLE SHORTAGES won over PATCHING? And MICROPAYMENTS? And QUICK AND DIRTY PSP PORTS?

WHEN DID THIS APPEAR? :stan:

I ran into a guy I went to Jr High with earlier today. He got out of jail two weeks ago. I think I like your story better.

I'm surprised no one commented on 'Gamespot Staffer Most Likely To Quit In 2007: Greg Kasavin.'

Also, there is a digression in there about asking a girl out in college which really made me laugh and I don't know why.

Also, there is a digression in there about asking a girl out in college which really made me laugh and I don't know why.

Yeah, that wasn't really funny at all. :erm::sartre:

I'm actually sad that Kasavin is leaving though, I wonder what kind of game he hopes to design and which company he's headed to.

Whoa, Kasavin left GameSpot? :eek:

That's a huge loss for that site. To be honest I think Kasavin writes some of the most boring and by-the-numbers copy out there, but he did seem to bring a lot of editorial consistency to the site. It's hard to imagine GameSpot with a guy like Gerstmann as EIC (who's replacing Kasavin anyway?).

That's a huge loss for that site. To be honest I think Kasavin writes some of the most boring and by-the-numbers copy out there, but he did seem to bring a lot of editorial consistency to the site. It's hard to imagine GameSpot with a guy like Gerstmann as EIC (who's replacing Kasavin anyway?).

I don't think there's been any official statement (beyond Kasavin's "we have a plan" or whatever.) I think it'll be Gerstmann, though.

I agree that he makes (made) a better editor than a writer. Though he was about as good -- if not better -- than the typical Gamespot writer anyway.

I've always liked Greg Kasavin's video review style, but going back to orignal point of the post - sheesh, I'm just sorry I only bought one copy of Psychonauts at a bargain price. He'd probably feed me to a poorly animated shark just for that.

Damn, that's too bad. The others were more entertaining, but he always had some kind of projection of credibility that they seemed to lack, or at least have less of.