Sign in to follow this  
hermes

Wuhuuu Grid Wars!!!

gw1.jpg

I seem to remember that this might have been mentioned here before?

But anyways this game is so great that it is hard to believe - pure old-school arcade-joy.

It is basically a better version of geometry wars - but for pc and it's free!

A very nice article about it analyzing it's gaming origins, it's relation to geometry wars and a bit of strategy.

Aaaaand download

World of Stuart is full of shit.

And the game has been pulled by the author (infringed, CLEARLY, on Bizarre Creations' IP) so anyone hosting it is doing so against the wishes of the author and Bizarre Creations. Like Stuart here.

And if you think that the author didn't mean to copy the game, then you should look at his other "original" titles

http://www.incitti.com/Blitz/index.html

Why pay for the XBox version when the PC version actually improved upon it. Plus, people like me who don't own an XBox have nothing else to do. People clone games all the time.

This happens to be an awesome game.

Not that I'm an advocate for piracy, but sometimes, as in the case of GridWars, we can make "exceptions". Anyway, really fun, and all the bugs and dissappointing features of the Xbox version have been removed.

It's not like this guy's trying to cover up the fact that he makes clones. People do that all the time. How many Tetris clones do you know? This one just happens to be a more current game and is therefor a bigger issue, I understand.

Not that I'm an advocate for piracy, but sometimes, as in the case of GridWars, we can make "exceptions". Anyway, really fun, and all the bugs and dissappointing features of the Xbox version have been removed.

Playing a rip-off/clone/copyright infringing game isn't actually piracy

World of Stuart is full of shit.

And the game has been pulled by the author (infringed, CLEARLY, on Bizarre Creations' IP) so anyone hosting it is doing so against the wishes of the author and Bizarre Creations. Like Stuart here.

And if you think that the author didn't mean to copy the game, then you should look at his other "original" titles

http://www.incitti.com/Blitz/index.html

yeah sure its a clone. I didn't mean to imply it wasn't. Well, just don't play it then....

About the article - I think it is very nice. You might say he is not paying enough respect to the original creator of geometry wars ... but still...

Why pay for the XBox version

Well, because a team of people earn their paycheck from developing Geometry Wars. Someone else ripping off their game is hardly justification for not paying for it.

I played Grid Wars for a while, and it was a pretty fun game. First thing I did when I got my Xbox was buy Geometry Wars though. Honestly, I much prefer the real deal. The frantic craziness of it is a total rush once you get deep into it.

I played Grid Wars for a while, and it was a pretty fun game. First thing I did when I got my Xbox was buy Geometry Wars though. Honestly, I much prefer the real deal. The frantic craziness of it is a total rush once you get deep into it.

supposedly it doesnt have the same depth, and it's a little too fast, but I've never played geometry wars, so ill take your word for it

in this case, think of grid wars as a demo :)

like it? buy the xbox version