Moosferatu

DS Games

I'm pretty excited about FF:Crystal Chronicles 2 (can't remember the actual name.. Tale of Two Crystals or some such.) Saw a video somewhere from the intro, which was real-time rendered and had voice acting. I thought to myself, that's a whole lot of voices to fit on one little DS card. Even if it's just the intro that has voice acting.

Oh, and MySims definately looks more interesting now than it did before.

I've finished Wario: Master of Disguise, and it's a reasonable game. It has its flaws; like so-so touch screen detection, too little content and horrible mini-games, but it's not unplayable. Nice as a diversion, but far from the epic return to form that I expected of a DS Wario platformer.

A remake of Warioland, that would be super.

Not for full price. I'd pay, say, about 20 Euros for it. I would have been a lot more positive if it had had more levels, but now there are only ten and that's a bit on the meagre side. That said, fun is to be had with the game, and there are some nice challenges and outrageous bosses. But it's definitely a mediocre Nintendo titel that lacks the polish that we usually associate with Nintendo.

Maybe by the time I get all the games I want before it, the game will have dropped significantly in price :gaming:

I don't know about that - I rarely see DS games drop in price here, and GBA games never used to drop in price either. Until the GBA wasn't flavour of the month any more and the GBA games suddenly became $40 instead of $80.

I still hope there'll be a DS budget line introduced sooner or later. That said, I've seen and bought many good DS deals. Obviously, none of them first-party titles.

I still hope there'll be a DS budget line introduced sooner or later. That said, I've seen and bought many good DS deals. Obviously, none of them first-party titles.

yeah, i am getting so damn sick of certain games shops who shall remain nameless who charge like 40 euro for pre-owned ds games, i mean the nerve! and won't order in certain games so you have no choice but to buy em second hand.

on second thoughts, with such relatively new games alraedy on the pre-owned shelf, you'd think i'd take that as a warning.

So, uh, is anyone playing Planet Puzzle League which is a very good rendition of one of the best puzzle games EVER. They kind of spruced it up with a little (little) bit of the Q style (though the music isn't as good), cleaned it up and made it an "adult" game (no Tetris Attack avatars or Pokemon branding here), DID NO FUCKING MARKETING FOR IT AT ALL, and added WIFI play. :tup: :tup:

Very good. They have a "daily play" mode so you can play it very casually. Lots of features. Very well done and very addictive. Anyone playing? Anyone up for a game?

I wasn't going to get a DS until after I finished my dissertation but I caved and bought a used regular model for $80 and picked up Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2 because it was recommended to me as a must buy. I've never owned any console before but I wanted to play some low key platform and puzzle type games for a while. I've had a hard time concentrating on the adventure games I typically play.

:woohoo:

Oddly enough, what's been soaking up most of my time lately has been that compilation of New York Times crosswords. Fucking great on the bus. It keeps me from having to focus on the sketchiness of the people around me, and if the drunk hobo behind me happens to look over my shoulder, I come off as intimidatingly intellectual as I fill in words on a touch screen. Also, I just love crosswords.

I'm playing one of the greatest platformers again, on my GBA SP: the original Warioland. Classic, and still so much fun! With such nice little touches and elegant simplicity! Compare that to the convoluted, complicated Master of Disguise... brrr. I hope there'll be a classic Wario platformer again some day!