Sign in to follow this  
adfegg

Guitar Hero II

Do you think there'll be any Christmas songs on the new game? I tell you, it would be sheer delight to Rock Out with Slade on Christmas morning!

Oh ho! I heard this morning that GHII will also be released on the 360, and it will feature the option to download extra songs. I might just buy a console for this if the PS2 version is lacking in Christmas spirit.

Can anyone tell me, though, does the 360 have wifi broadband capabilities?

Can anyone tell me, though, does the 360 have wifi broadband capabilities?

Not out of the box, no.

You can buy an expensive-ish offical addon, or you could buy a bog-standard wireless access point and connect it to the xbox ethernet port.

As my router is 2 floors away, I sprung for the wifi add on. It cost me about $120 (Canadian, but still, I feel kinda raped) and works just fine. Actually gets a stronger connection than when I try to connect a laptop from the same room. My big question about GHII on 360: Will I be able to co-op jam with people across teh intarweb?

I know, that guitar makes me insanely happy. If I could figure out how to stretch an image across both my monitors rather than just have the same image cropped to fit each one at the same time, that would be my wallpaper. As it is, I'm kinda new to the dual monitor thing and don't know how, but I can dream.

That said, that thing better be wireless. Having to worry about plugging it in would suck. Plus, it would automatically be controller #1 if you used it to turn the machine on, allowing you to leave it with your other controllers and not have to mess with stuff just to play a different game. New model SG FTW indeed.

The best part:

x06-guitar-hero-2-announced-for-360-20060927113323187-000.jpg

Explorer shape! Wooooooo!

Oh, badly... *huge* Gibson Explorer fan here.

"How I would push my fingers through, your mouth to make those muscles move that made your voice so smooth and sweet..."

Er... um...

Wireless Explorer FTW! (or some other appropriate Internet parlance). Anyway, I am fairly drunk and about to watch "Where the Buffalo Roam" for the first time. Allegedly, it's not as bad as we've been led to believe...

But firstly, as far as bands not allowing their tracks to be used for Guitar Hero... is it purely a monetary / licensing / greedy management issue? Or an artistic qualm? Because if the later is the case, why not write off (at least a good portion of) the licensing fee to charity - surely that would keep the fans happy and the mongrel crictics at bay?

I know, that guitar makes me insanely happy. If I could figure out how to stretch an image across both my monitors rather than just have the same image cropped to fit each one at the same time, that would be my wallpaper. As it is, I'm kinda new to the dual monitor thing and don't know how, but I can dream.

http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

There are others, but I like that one.

Today, GameSpot received confirmation from the RedOctane spokesperson that the final X-Plorer guitar will be wired [for the Xbox 360 version of Guitar Hero 2].

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6159122.html

Too bad, but I'm still hyped up like crazy. I've stooped to playing Frets on Fire to feed my Guitar Hero addiction.

[dual monitor tips & tricks]

Do you have an nvidia card? If so then you can do it in several ways via desktop management. You can either cut the image in two or stretch the image over both desktops. There are more goodies to be found in that config screen. You can find that config screen by right clicking on your desktop > properties > settings > advanced > [your vidcard tab] > desktop management > desktops

[/dual monitor tips & tricks]