Sign in to follow this  
arrr_matey

Canadian games??

Even though a lot of developers are based in Canada, I can't think of a single game with a Canadian setting or hero. Can anyone? And Canadian troops are never represented in any First World War or Second World War game...

The closest I can come is one of the characters in Eternal Darkness is a Canadian soldier. One level of Sly 2: Band of Thieves takes place in Canada. And I remember hearing about some level in a Tom Clancy game that took place in Quebec, I think.

Can anyone think of any? Why are there no Mountie games?

Is there a Due South Game?... :D

Canadian Regiments are depicted in Call of Duty 3, I know that much (with horrendous accents). Also, you didn't hear that from me ¬¬

Are they kidding me? MOUNTAINS in a place that is litterally called The Flatlands?

Way to go for research :tup:

Is there a Due South Game?... :D

Screw Due South. If a Paul Gross show is going to be referenced in this thread, it better fucking be Slings and Arrows. ahem.

Never played it, but if it involves going back to the lab where he was created, then yes. I believe it's supposed to be somewhere near Calgary.

I enjoy the fact that according to that Wikipedia entry, the only video game character to come from Vancouver is Damian Shade from Power Instincts, and he's also part of the first openly gay fighting team in gaming. Am I missing some stereotype about Canadians that the Japanese have?