Spaff

usb batteries useful for wiimote?

That is really fucking cool. I doubt the Wii control will take just AAs though. I'm thinking it will probably be similar to the 360's wireless controller, which takes AA by default but has a rechargeable pack you can get. Seems like it would make sense to do, as a lot of people will be a little bit pissed about the whole battery thing.

Meh.. 1300mAh. My Hama's rechargeable batteries have almost twice the capacity. Aren't very cheap either. Plus I hate charging things using an USB port, especially an underpowered one.

...And what's the deal with airline food. :oldman:

I'm charging my DS with a USB cable right now. Never bothered me at all. Actually allows me to keep it on my desk with my keys and such so I can grab it easily when I'm going somewhere (between classes, train station, etc) that I'd be playing it. Course, with all the stuff I have hooked into my PC, I'm outta ports. Maybe its for the best they don't ship to Canada.

I think this thread might be a good opportunity for people to share the names of the best AA batteries ever so we can have long lasting Wiimotes, assuming there's no DS-like charger too. :yep:

That is really fucking cool. I doubt the Wii control will take just AAs though. I'm thinking it will probably be similar to the 360's wireless controller, which takes AA by default but has a rechargeable pack you can get. Seems like it would make sense to do, as a lot of people will be a little bit pissed about the whole battery thing.

A battery charger for AAs costs $20 (U.S.) for what appears to be a decent one on Amazon.

Considering the amount of batteries that some of us probably go through, the cost of the more expensive batteries is worth it.