Marek

Battlestar Galactica webisodes

The first webisode is out. It features Tigh, Cally and the chief, and three new characters. The webisodes are 3-4 minutes long and take place during the Cylon occupation, i.e. between the season 2 finale and the season 3 opener.

It's nothing spectacular but it's nice I guess. It feels a bit like watching deleted scenes.

For Americans: www.scifi.com/battlestar

Others: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BIxMgbcneA

When do they learn? The internet is global. Blocking your website for other countries doesn't work. I mean why should they care if someone from timboektoe watches their webisode? It can only mean more dvd-sales worldwide. Get with the program corporations! There are no more classic borders :frusty: The only borders left standing are language and cultural barriers!

[/rant]

Anyway.

Nice! I wonder where this will go. How many of these webisodes are there going to be?

It's nothing spectacular but it's nice I guess. It feels a bit like watching deleted scenes.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. The season 3 preview at the end is great though.

Oh shit they were Viper pilots?

I guess I didn't make the connection seeing them in a tent with civvie clothes and all.

Jammer is part of Chief's deck crew. He's the one who's always "It's every man for himself!" and gave Cally the idea to shoot Boomer.

Duck is a Viper pilot, but he's only been in a couple of episodes. Very peripheral character.

Obviously Tigh, Chief, and Cally you know.

I know all this because I am obsessed to an unhealthy degree.

Jammer was one of my least favorite characters, but it looks like he might be fairly interesting this season. I'm really looking forward to more Tigh and Chief action.

Oh yeah I remember Jammer now. Shit, and I thought I knew all the supporting characters by now.

I love how they don't really have a redshirts problem.

I still don't remember them at all. I hope they don't get killed off five minutes into the new season now that I do. :fart:

Also, the second one is out and is... two minutes long ¬

Does anyone else feel like the only lasting significance of the webisodes is going to end up being "how Tigh lost his eye"?

I do, yeah. :(

But the redhead speaks in this one! She was following Anders around in the last three episodes of last season, and she stood out because of the hair.

And that frown smiley gets me every time.

hmm. I can see the website. It want's to load an ad. but that doesn't start to play :/ Anyway: here's a youtube link

I'll hijack this topic for my sci-fi news: this weekend I'm watching a whole bunch of DS9 episodes. A friend who has the whole collection sought to educate us (myself, I've never seen more than 10 episodes of the show because it was never properly aired here, or maybe I missed it) and knowing it's impossible (and undesirable due to time restraints) to watch everything, he has set up a list of the episodes that tell the bigger story, the dominion arc, set up the characters best, etc. Yesterday we've seen some 5 episodes, mostly from season one, and today and tomorrow we're continuing. Already I'm liking it quite a lot. The writing is very good and the setting is wonderful.

Woooooo! If you already like season 1 you will LOVE season 5 - 7.

Season 1 - 2 are really kind of crappy but they have the right intentions. So occasionally there's a real gem there, and also it's nice to watch because there's a lot of continuity in the show and earlier episodes shed some light on later ones. But 3 starts to look more like it, and 4 is imo the first overall solid season. After that the show is omg awesome, only to be utterly eclipsed by BSG years later.

For good reviews of DS9 (and BSG for that matter) I recommend http://www.jammersreviews.com

Episodes that more or less stand on their own and have received a lot of praise include, off the top of my head, Improbable Cause/The Die Is Cast (two parter, s3), The Visitor (s4), Nor the Battle to the Strong (s5), Far Beyond the Stars (s6 - deals with racism and is set entirely in a vision of 50s New York, somehow pulls this off perfectly), In the Pale Moonlight (s6 - a thrilling caleidoscope of delicious conspiracy) and The Siege of AR-558 (s7 - Trek's first episode dealing with soldiers in a ground war).

Both war arcs are crazy awesome.

Watch the credits for Ronald D. Moore (obviously), David Weddle & Bradley Thompson, and Michael Taylor (joins BSG in season 3).

Well obviously our friend has picked out the best episodes right away, so I never saw the weak links. We've quit for the time being because our time was up, so to speak, and we ended with the improbably cause/the die is cast dual. Quite a nice way to end things I would say!

Yes, I liked it a lot (I already knew enough of it that it wasn't a surprise that I liked it, and as many here I adore scif-i anyway; seems to come with the job). I especially liked how the writing was so much superior to especially Voyager writing, which really is the bulk of my Star Trek experience. People say things by saying other things, and there are many shades of grey. Quite nice. I look forward to the rest. We've already established that neither of us would mind watching the final two seasons in their entirety.

Of BSG I watched the pilot last summer. It was good enough to convince me that the series had merit, but I never started downloading, because I'm not much of a downloader. Something basically has to find its way to me, or else I'm content with the many things I follow at the moment already. BSG may come in the future.

I especially liked how the writing was so much superior to especially Voyager writing, which really is the bulk of my Star Trek experience.

:tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

Voyager was a giant missed opportunity and I hate it for not being more than it was (an occasionally entertaining action/adventure show).

BSG may come in the future.

Good but whatever you do, don't watch it on TV. You could grab the season 1 DVD sometime, it's out in Holland.

Of BSG I watched the pilot last summer. It was good enough to convince me that the series had merit, but I never started downloading, because I'm not much of a downloader.

If you liked the pilot you'll love the series. It's far superior.

Good but whatever you do, don't watch it on TV. You could grab the season 1 DVD sometime, it's out in Holland.

Ooh, the S2 region 2 DVD is out too. I should get it.

Ooh, the S2 region 2 DVD is out too. I should get it.

The region 2 DVD is lame and does not have any of the extras from the second half of the season, due to this season 2.0/2.5 nonsense and the R1 S2.5 not being out yet.

I understand it has 20 Battlestar Galactica episodes.

:shifty: yessss but what I am saying is that this and this get you the 20 episodes and double the amount of extras than are on this and for ohh... £1 more.

I'm just saying! I don't care! I don't even like the show as much as you do!

Well, it would seem that those are Region 1 DVDs, so it wouldn't really matter if they had a two hour nudie flick with Boomer and Number Six, they'd still be useless to me.

woohoo! I just got the second half of the second season on dvd. I'm dying to watch the extended Pegasus, but I'm waiting till this weekend so I can watch it with my brother. Anyone here seen it yet?