Salka

Exam Results!!!

To all Irish Students who just received their Leaving Cert exam results... (just me then)

:tup::kiss::D:):crazy::peace::eathat::woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :period:

EXPLODE

I cast off these shackles of oppression!

Away thee!

Thou have thwarted me since the day I was born!

EeeEEeeEEeeeeeEEEEEEEeeeeEEEEEEEE IN YOUR FACE COLLEGE

Oh and in your face FRENCH TEACHER, suck my B.

that will be all, thank you :)

AND my mum got a first in Uni this year (she's beautiful AND smart, Ginger)

Anybody else got exam results recently or will get them soon? You may explode with delight here.

Not really an exam per se, but I passed both the math courses I took this summer so I'm all set for a second year of university. I needed to score a few points to get moved up a year as well as to continue to receive student welfare.

May I burst with joy about something totally unrelated to exams?

Finished sixth form (senior high ? Between the ages of 16 and 18.) this Spring. The matriculation examinations (in my case, six six-hour exams) went ridiculously well. That has led to a couple of awkward situations, though.

.. But I managed to get into Helsinki University of Technology without an entrance examination! And I got money! :woohoo:

Well, it's 3 things, all related to Eclipse (the one at http://www.eclipse.org , I'm a big fan of it) and they all happened on Monday or so.

1) I ported the part of Zerobot that talks to the forums (the forum bot that will eventually let you guys play IF games here) to use Eclipse Communication Framework as a base and got some praise from the ECF guys for that. The code still needs some work, but is almost certainly going to be included in ECF.

2) I fixed a bug in Eclipse Platform. It was only one line of code, but it's the first patch/fix I've ever made for an open source project. And I think it already went into the nightly build yesterday.

3) At work, we had a meeting about which desktop platform to choose for a new high-priority project and chose the one I had been somewhat pushing for (Eclipse Rich Client Platform). Happy happy joy joy!

2) I fixed a bug in Eclipse Platform. It was only one line of code, but it's the first patch/fix I've ever made for an open source project. And I think it already went into the nightly build yesterday.

If you feel like it, can you fix some bugs in the open source project I'm doing research on/with/for?

If you feel like it, can you fix some bugs in the open source project I'm doing research on/with/for?

Haha, probably no. What project is it, though?

I got a 4.0 in the summer cousre I was taking in Japanese. I can now ask for a bathroom and similar things in Japanese. Hoping to expand on that during my second + years of uni.

Well, I'm actually going back to college this autumn. I just got accepted for an art and design course. Woohoo!

Oh that reminds me: must kill myself

;(

Way to make me feel shit, fuckerdan

I'm applying to grad school, does that count?

I've had a very weird experience so far trying to find an appropriate grad school. I wanted an MFA, but all the art schools in my area require full-time study, which I can't do without giving up my job (and obviously i'm not going to do that). One school suggested instead of getting a degree, I should just pitch them on teaching a class.

I'm in an unusual situation because I work in an industry where degrees are seen as unecessary, even by the institutions giving out those degrees.

So rather than get an MFA in game design or computer art (which I'd have prefered) I'll most likely get an MA in media studies and do my thesis in a game-related area. It's not ideal, but at least I can spend five years doing it.

One school suggested instead of getting a degree, I should just pitch them on teaching a class.

So.. instead of going for a degree help others getting their degree? Interesting...

ah welll.. for me, I'm still busy finishing my Master in Computer Science (the last part of it, research and thesis). And then I'll be friiiii ;)

So.. instead of going for a degree help others getting their degree? Interesting..

Basically, yeah. Only I'm going for a graduate degree, and this would be an undergraduate class.

But of course, I'm not doing that. I'm not ready to teach (yet).