loonyboi

DS Lite

I love the DS lite! The power button is now much harder to hit accidentally, something that HAS actually happened to me!

The only problem is that my old friend codes are no longer valid...

That and the GBA carts don't fit so well now, but I play those on the Game Boy Micro... :mock:

There's supposed to be some fancy way of transporting your old friend codes to your new machine. I think.

Indeed there is. You go into any game that uses wifi on your old DS and select something along the lines of "transfer friend code." It's in the menus somewhere if you hunt around. Once you've got that selected, have your other DS search download play. You should be able to transfer over your settings. Worked for me in Mario Kart, but have yet to check it with AC.

I got a DS Lite with Mario Kart yesterday.

Fuck me — what a game.

As if having all the stuff such as rotating protective triple shells and the ability to jump from the older Mario Karts mashed into an almost perfect new blend along with a new selection of awesome weapons and maps wasn't enough, the bringing back of what I presume is 16 great maps from the SNES/N64/GC/GBA Mario Karts just throws it up to a whole new level.

I've only got access to half of what I'm expecting to have by the end of it (since there's four whole cups greyed out in addition to the four I've already got), and I'm already overwhelemed with excellence. I'm really enjoying the missions game mode too, with the boss of the first 'world' being that giant bob-ombesque thing from Mario 64.

I can't wait until New Mario Bros' UK release on the 30th, and am planning on getting that Ace Attorney thing too.

A fantastic console.

Indeed it is. And Mario Kart is great too, but they missed my favorite levels from the N64 one. That one where it's a maze around Yoshi's Egg? Fuck yeah, bring it back. Also Toad's Freeway, but that's a given.

I wanted to wait for some special colored Japanese-exclusive version of the lite (other than the two blue ones), before trading in my "old" DS and switching to a lite.

After seeing the awesome new screens in real life for the first time this weekend though, i immediately went and bought a white one. I had to get a replacement the other day, because there was a dead pixel on the upper screen, but now everything is fine and i really love it. Right now I'm having lots of fun replaying many games i hadn't played for months, just to see how they look on the new screens.

Ewwwwwwwwww, that DS is sick and chav-looking. Gross.

Mine is covered in Powerpuff Girls which at least makes it (a) hilarious and (B) cool (powerpuff girls are cool).

powerpuff_d.jpg

Also in my search for powerpuff girl images, I found this site: http://katieyekin.tripod.com/

Powerpuff girls are definitely cool. Last April Fool's day I had to redesign a webpage to make it look like a Powerpuff site. Some even took it seriously.

I would probably choose a black or white DS Lite without any stickers, though. Lame.

Does the DS lite come with a same kind of thumb strap as the original DS?

Or does one have to buy it separately or salvage the old one from the original?

You can't buy separately and it doesn't come with. It drove me nuts too. I ended up convincing my sister to let me steal the strap off of hers as she doesn't play any games that use it.