Sign in to follow this  
DanJW

Half Life 2 mods

So what HL2 mods have people been playing? So far I've finished (besides Minerva 1 and 2):

Eclipse (props for being a total conversion, nice idea with the telekinesis. Pretty straight forward though).

Combine Destiny (meh).

Mistake of Pythagoras (sometimes a bit plain and frustrating, but some nice puzzle and easily wins the "Surrealist Mind-Melting Prize for Most Bizzarre").

I'm looking for some good'uns to download. Obviously all the big projects are still in development though.

All I've played is minerva, and that one kicks ass on so many levels I can't wait for the next installment.

[lazy]Got any links to the mods you've mentioned?[/lazy]

The Hidden Source. It's a really fun multiplayer mod loosely based off of the Predator movies.

There is a team of 8 SWAT-esque guys trying to track down the invisible "Hidden" genetic experiment. It's really fun.

I really enjoy the HL2: CTF mod. It's nice, if you can find a populated server. Vast improvements on the whole HL2: DM thing (:fart:), with more balanced gameplay, some new and interesting weapons that mix fairly well into the rest of the arsenal, more effective health/suit recharging stations (since just about any non-pistol weapon seems to kill you in one hit in normal HL2: DM), powerup thingies, and crazy tricks with the gravity gun that help with teamplay and general ass kicking. Is fun. However, not as many people play it as it deserves.

Goldeneye Source. The Goldeneye multiplayer, totally redone in the Source engine. Still in the alpha, but lots o' fun.

of course, garry's mod, but im not sure that counts

sourceForts is amazing, also though

it's like halflife 2 deathmatch, but for about 5 minutes before the battle (ctf) begins, you are given generic building blocks (metal plates, bricks, etc.) to build a fortress or ramps or set up barricades with the gravity gun

easy to get into and amazing online

I finally started playing Hidden: Source, and that's lots of scary fun. Just wish I could get more practice playing as Subject 617, I die way too quickly. It was amazing watching a pro play it, flinging dead bodies around everywhere and totally butchering the squad. heheh.

I'm still looking for more single player mods though, besides the "swarm" types which don't really appeal to me. Also what is peoples obsession with the zombies, the most boring of HL2 enemies?

The best zombie mod by far is for UT2004 though. Killing Floor. Squad based multiplay seeing how long your team can survive against a never-ending wave of Zombies. Some of the best Co-op I've played in a mod, and has a real Romero-esque feel to it. I have yet to find an HL2 mod full of zombies, but then again I don't play many of them.