Sign in to follow this  
miffy495

Prince Of Persia

Does it work with a 360 controller?

I think it does (even the tutorial text mentioned analogue sticks while I played with mouse/kbd) I don't really want to buy a new controller or adapter for this, though.

Unless the xbox360 controller can also behave as a normal gamepad I doubt it'll work.

Oh, didn't realize you get the rewind ability in TT. Well, that makes it a little better.

Unless the xbox360 controller can also behave as a normal gamepad I doubt it'll work.

Oh, it doesn't normally function as a regular gamepad? That's quite strange. I'm sure someone has hacked a driver for it, though.

I tried to replay SoT recently, and my 360 pad does not work with it. My first playthrough was on console, so that really irritated me. PC controls for that game are utter crap. It really needs a pad.

Nah.. I think the problem is you changed input forms. I played it with keyboard and mouse and I didn't have any problems. Format shifting works, but input shifting always sucks.

As you've seen from my interview with the Mechner, I thought the Two Thrones brought something new in terms of relationships, gameplay-wise it was closer to SoT than to WW that's why I'd go for both of them if I were you as they are not really an enormous financial risk nowdays.

Then come here and tell us how you liked it, always good to hear someone intelligent write down a piece of his mind.

Not sure where this goes, I couldn't seem to find a thread specifically on this game, but I finished Prince of Persia 2008 a few weeks ago.

I appreciated the art direction and updated mechanics, as well as the animation and effects being incredibly beautiful, but the game fell incredibly short on gameplay and story.

Gameplaywise, I felt like I was playing a Rare game more than half the time. There wasn't really cinematic platforming this time where the environments are somewhat believable and part of you scaling them, there were buttons on walls with useless magical powers, and I spent a lot of time collecting a bunch of light seeds for no reason.The enviroments just because a series of hooks and crap to scale with timed parts of black blobs. There's no rhyme or reason to it. I expect it more out of an older platformer, but the world was less cohesive than some made in the late 90s, most notable Rayman 2 even. The new button mapping was also useless, as they combined too much crap into one button while using the other buttons for combat only. This led to me doing wall runs incorrectly as they are no longer mapped to R1 and instead jumping way too much on accident.

The open world part was useless, meaning you could go four ways with almost no change in difficulty. The combat was incredibly simplified outside of the combo system, which was more beautiful, fluid intuitive, and animated than ever, but you just fight one enemy at a time now. This might be more interesting if fighting the one enemy weren't a big deal, but there about 6 total enemies in the game, including the bosses, which you fight ad nauseum.

The never die system where Elika always saves had some critics crying that the game was too easy, but in reality the game became more frustrating with this in place of the rewind system. Your check points back to where you were last on solid ground can be incredibly far back and everytime I made a little mistake I wish I could just rewind a little bit and correct it. I find this much more punishing than running out of sands of time.

The story was just complete crap. Nothing happens until the near the end, there's a cliffhanger and then nothing. The Prince is incredibly unlikeable now with the same sarcastic mouth as Nathan Drake (played by the same voice actor) except unlike Drake, the Prince just acts like an ass to everything in the game and has no parts where he is human or serious. The last Prince in Sands of Time and Two Thrones was a much better mixture and there is nothing wrong with sincerity sometimes. The epilogue DLC added some interesting stuff to the ending but just ending with an even worse cliffhanger. There was also no new enemies in the epilogue and the only interesting part was the harder dungeon with a lot of puzzles, all of which were beyond the actual game itself.

Just really disappointed on a game I thought I'd enjoy. Maybe it's not fair to compare it to the Sands of Time games as a lot of the mechanics are different, but I'm not sure what anyone was supposed to expect otherwise.