Sign in to follow this  
Moosferatu

Oblivion

It's a bit disappointing though when one of the quests in there presents you with a really cool horse. It's supposed to be a really important thing, but horses are so damned useless in this game that it might as well not have been in there. Shadowmere I believe he's called.

I finally beat the Shivering Isles. I didn't find it significantly better than the main quest. They did learn their lesson that shiny things should happen when you complete a major quest, so that's something.

I hated the layout of the island; the central mountain range was so poorly created—it was nothing but a giant wall. There was little to do when straying from the path.

I wonder if the voice actor for Sheogorath was happy to get away from saying "Stop! You violated the law!" all the time and put on a ridiculous accent.

Did anybody finish Knights of the Nine?

Is that worth going back and finishing?

Did anybody finish Knights of the Nine?

Is that worth going back and finishing?

I had that installed from the beginning of my playthrough and I completed it early on. I liked it but I don't know if there's enough there to recommend going back to Oblivion for that quest alone.

The quest is intentionally structured to affect the entire game area and it actually weaves itself into the game pretty well. I was doing parts of the quest and visiting wayshrines while I was working on the Mage's Guild visits until I decided to devote myself to Pelinal Whitestrake and devote my entire game-playing time to finding his armor.

Of course, working for a holy knight forced me to be a goody-goody for my entire playthrough of Oblivion. If you're returning after doing the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves' Guild questlines, perhaps Knights of the Nine can be a redemption quest for a murderous Champion of Cyrodiil.

To be frank, Hannibal Traven is the kind of dick that would toot his own horn - in third person.

I may be the Champion of Cyrodiil, but that doesn't mean I have the right to touch an objectively worthless clay pitcher in the cheapest, smallest, shittiest inn in all of Tamriel and expect to NOT be thrown in jail. I've just fallen victim to the adventurer entitlement, thinking that saving an entire dimension from a daedric invasion would grant me such privileges.

Damn it! I congratulate you, Thunderpeel, for spending the time digging this up to make a jerk out of me.

Damn it! I congratulate you, Thunderpeel, for spending the time digging this up to make a jerk out of me.

Ha ha. Jerk!

(I actually just remembered it from the first time you posted it.)