Marek

Who are you and what have you become?

I just got a job here!

and I stole a game (trespasser bt). arr. bought tons of other ones though...

Does that mean that you got to play "A Dog's Life?"

I keep on seeing it at the RadioShack, as they never seem to sell any of their games to anyone but me on the occasions when I browse there, and wondering whether or not it's worth the $30. Any tips on that one?

Also, ye scurvy sea dog. Avast. Garrr, and such.

Aw to hell with it. I'm no good at pirating...

THANK YOU RODI. That always irks me a bit. I try to hide my pedant nature, but it sneaks through. Oh god does it sneak through.

Viva la Revolución!

Does that mean that you got to play "A Dog's Life?"

I keep on seeing it at the RadioShack, as they never seem to sell any of their games to anyone but me on the occasions when I browse there, and wondering whether or not it's worth the $30. Any tips on that one?

dog's life is better than nintendogs, because you can do a poo, pick it up in your mouth, and throw it at cars.

As for the job, it looks like I'll be working on this.

I got a Nintendo DS at the end of 2005, which is one of the best gaming purchases I've ever made. It rocks my world.

I stopped blogging because I came to hate the very idea of it. I started illustration-blogging but ran out of creative juice so often that it seemed pointless. I want to get back into that, though.

In a few months I should be finishing my literature degree.

Is it inspired by 24/GTA/Outcast/Insider/Sleeping Beauty by any chance?

eh... was that a rhetorical question? And artwise, the thumb could indeed do with a kingz-like return to sexiness.

I finally got access to a computer that can play Psychonauts, if any of you remember my drawn-out graphics card dilemma. I'm now in Black Velvetopia and can't wait to finish and go check out all those spoiler threads that I made people post in.

I got my sister a DS and "Animal Crossing" for her birthday, and will hopefully be able to afford one for myself soon. I guess I might as well wait until the DS Light comes out, as I won't have spare cash for a while.

I've been emulating NES a lot on the DC (with the new NesterDC SE emulator), played the preposterous "8-player mode" in Mario Party 7 with seven friends for kicks and didn't have much time for games for a while because I started a magazine.

Uh. That's about it, I s'pose. Wonk!

Aww, Black Velvetopia is an awesome level.

Well, actually, it has some thing that irritate me, but somehow... it's just so awesome I don't care.

It's just such an amazing departure from the rest of the game. It adds an entire new dimension of melancholy while still managing to hold onto the carefree art style. Favorite level, despite how awesome the Milkman was. Also the one that everyone drooled over the most when they wanted to see it at my house after all the raving I'd done about it.

Absolutely agreed upon. Black Velvetopia is a design TRIUMPH, and strings together with the Milkman Conspiracy and Waterloo to form the most awesome levels of the game.

Absolutely agreed upon. Black Velvetopia is a design TRIUMPH, and strings together with the Milkman Conspiracy and Waterloo to form the most awesome levels of the game.

I'd actually like to add the upper floors of the Asylum as well. Despite the annoying rats, the whole thing was a joy to explore, with all the twisted hallways and insane angles. I think I liked it as much as the main camp actually. In some respects, perhaps more, even though the rats cost me the most lives out of everything in the game.

The Meat Circus, while no gameplay marvel, was very well done too. I really enjoyed the first Butcher fight and the High Top (I think that was what they called it) a ton.

Somehow the first butcher fight brought back memories of the fight with King Dodongo in Ocarina of Time for me...

What do you mean, 'somehow'? It was practically the same arena =) That said, the increasinlgy twisted Asylum was extraordinary as well, but not really a 'mind'. The campsite itself didn't really tickle anything. I didn't spend a lot of time there, only collected half of the scavengrer hunt items... I don't know. It didn't have a lot going for it for me. I was way too excited about all the weird other levels.

I should say one thing though, about Lungfishopolis. I thought it was a good level with an amusing concept, but ultimately I thought its execution was a bit too one-sided. Not that they could've done a whole lot more with it, but it just lacks in depth compared to the arresting conceptual splendor of the other latter-half brains.

The campsite itself didn't really tickle anything. I didn't spend a lot of time there, only collected half of the scavengrer hunt items... I don't know. It didn't have a lot going for it for me. I was way too excited about all the weird other levels.

I should say one thing though, about Lungfishopolis. I thought it was a good level with an amusing concept, but ultimately I thought its execution was a bit too one-sided. Not that they could've done a whole lot more with it, but it just lacks in depth compared to the arresting conceptual splendor of the other latter-half brains.

Well, the campsite is the only location in the game that is cheery and sunny, before nightfall that is. After that it felt pretty creepy wandering around on your own. It's probably the contrast the daytime camp offered to most other levels that keeps it in the back of my head.

I'll agree with you about Lungfishopolis, but I still really enjoyed it throughout. It's mostly the dialogue that keeps that level afloat. The gameplay was a bit sluggish, for obvious reasons, but the lines delivered there were all great. Everything from the radio broadcasts to what the resitance fighters said as well as the frightened citizens felt really spot on.

"He's impervious to bullets... and love."

I think we're talking about the Lungfishoplois level. That whole run of jokes on the orphanage that Goggelor is apparently destined to destroy is just so good.

I think we're talking about the Lungfishoplois level. That whole run of jokes on the orphanage that Goggelor is apparently destined to destroy is just so good.

The puppy orphanage.