Karimi

Gaming Dead ? Not really...

WHY should you be able to win though? I find the idea of an unwinnable game incredibly intriguing for some reason, and it is very in keeping with Romero-style zombie fun. Think of it like Tetris, but with attackers instead of blocks. You can wear down the machine. Hell, with a good deal of skill, you can go for hours at a time, but you can never truly beat it. New status symbols would emerge as people are able to say "Yeah, I survived for X hours in this game" and other players would be in awe.

You can't beat Lumines. You can't beat Tetris. You can't beat Donkey Kong. Are these games less fun because of that? Hell no.

You can't beat Donkey Kong? I never new that. Regardless, the other examples are all abstract games. If you put the player in a scenario that would appeal to realism (even though there are zombies), there's something in the brain saying that we shouldn't have to put up with 'losing'. Then again, it could be a nice twist. What do I know. I just think a lot of people will get frustrated because they expect that there should be a way of winning. Unless you'd make it clear from the go that you could not win, period. But is than an alluring catch phrase? "You can't win this game!", hehe =)

You can't beat Donkey Kong? I never new that.

Not really. You can beat it in the sense that you can clear all 4 levels, but then they just loop them and make them incrementally harder until you finally fail.

I really enjoyed the TimeSplitters 2 challenge where you have to survive as long as possible against endless waves of zombies with only your fists.

I really enjoyed the TimeSplitters 2 challenge where you have to survive as long as possible against endless waves of zombies with only your fists.

:confused:

I'm positive that it let you use a shotgun in those challenges. Regardless, those challenges were probably one of my favorite parts of the game.

:confused:

I'm positive that it let you use a shotgun in those challenges. Regardless, those challenges were probably one of my favorite parts of the game.

Me too it was awesome to fire a shotgun into a crowd of zombies and seeing 4 head knocked off

Damn, I never really played that far into TS2, but now I feel a sudden urge to boot it up for some good, zombie blastin' times. First though, I need to try out killing floor, as it finished downloading sometime while I was at work, and I have just returned home. Time for some apocalyptic fun!